Preparing to retire
As you approach retirement, you’ll need to make important decisions and begin taking actions to ensure you’re ready to retire. Consider the following questions:
- Are you financially ready to retire?
- How can you take advantage of ways to save more?
- What steps are needed to create a retirement income and portfolio strategy to make the most of your retirement assets?
- Do you have an understanding of how health care and Social Security will impact your expenses and income strategy in retirement?
- In our Getting Ready to Retire section, we can help you address these and other retirement planning issues.
Living on retirement income
Once you’re living in retirement, your primary financial concern is to protect your assets and make your money last. You’ll need to take the following actions:
- Position your portfolio to help generate income.
- Create a strategy to help manage retirement income.
- Develop an easy-to-follow schedule for actively managing your portfolio.
- In our Living in Retirement section, we can help you understand the steps needed to make your retirement income last.