Free commission offer applies to online purchases of Fidelity ETFs and select iShares ETFs in a Fidelity brokerage account. Fidelity accounts may require minimum balances. The sale of ETFs is subject to an activity assessment fee (of between $0.01 to $0.03 per $1,000 of principal). iShares ETFs and Fidelity ETFs are subject to a short-term trading fee by Fidelity if held less than 30 days.
ETFs are subject to market fluctuation and the risks of their underlying investments. ETFs are subject to management fees and other expenses. Unlike mutual funds, ETF shares are bought and sold at market price, which may be higher or lower than their NAV, and are not individually redeemed from the fund.
1. $7.95 trading commission applies to online purchases of U.S. equities in a Fidelity brokerage account with a minimum opening balance of $2,500 for Fidelity Brokerage Services LLC retail clients. Sell orders are subject to an activity assessment fee (of between $0.01 to $0.03 per $1000 of principal) by Fidelity. Other conditions may apply. See Fidelity.com/commissions for details.
Options trading entails significant risk and is not appropriate for all investors. Certain complex options strategies carry additional risk. Prior to trading options, please read , and call 800-343-3548 to be approved for options trading. Supporting documentation for any claims, if applicable, will be furnished upon request.
2. Kiplinger's magazine, December 2014. Results based on ratings in the following categories: total commissions, investment choices, tools, research, web site, mobile, and advisory services. Criteria not equally weighted. In 2014 Fidelity tied for #1 with Charles Schwab which ranked 10 leading discount brokers. In 2011 Fidelity tied with TD Ameritrade which ranked 14 discount brokers, was #1 in November 2008 which ranked 12 discount brokers, and tied for #1 with Muriel Siebert in 2007 which ranked 10 discount brokers.
3. Barron's, March 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013 and 2014. Industry review of leading online brokers: 25 in 2009; 22 from 2009-2011; 27 in 2012; and 24 in 2013. Fidelity was ranked best online broker for long-term investing and fifth overall in 2009, sixth overall in 2010 and 2011, eleventh overall in 2012, and ninth overall in 2013. Overall ranking based on unweighted ratings in the following categories: trading experience and technology, usability, mobile, range of offerings, research amenities, portfolio analysis and reports, customer services and education, and cost.
4. Corporate Insight eMonitor Awards, February 2014. Fidelity awarded seven 2013 Corporate Insight Gold eMonitor Awards for Account Information, Education Center, News and Research, Online Documentation, Online Help, Tools and Calculators, and Product Range. Overall, Fidelity’s seven Gold Monitor Awards were the most gold awards of any brokerage firm.
5. Investors Business Daily, November 2013. Fidelity was named a top five broker among Charles Schwab, TD Ameritrade, USAA Brokerage and TradeStation. Fidelity scored among the highest in research tools, ETF choices, Portfolio Analysis and Reports, Investment Research, Educational Resources, Tax Preparation Tool and Customer Service. Results were based on having the highest Customer Experience Index within 12 subcategories, as scored by 10,179 visitors to the IBD website.
6. Commission comparison based upon published website commission schedules, as of 1/10/2013, for E*Trade, Schwab, and TD Ameritrade for online U.S. equity trades and less than 1500 trades per quarter. For E*Trade: $9.99 per trade for 0-149, $7.99 per trade for 150 to 1,499 and special pricing for 1,500 or more trades per quarter. For Schwab: $8.95 for up to 999,999 shares per trade, though orders of 10,000 or more shares or greater than $500,000 may be eligible for special pricing. For TD Ameritrade: $9.99 per market or limit order trade for an unlimited amount of shares.
* 3.75% rate available for debt balances over $500,000. Fidelity's current Base Margin Rate, effective since 01/12/09, is 6.575%.
For iShares ETFs, Fidelity receives compensation from the ETF sponsor and/or its affiliates in connection with an exclusive, long-term marketing program that includes promotion of iShares ETFs and inclusion of iShares funds in certain FBS platforms and investment programs. Additional information about the sources, amounts, and terms of compensation is described in the ETF’s prospectus and related documents. Fidelity may add or waive commissions on ETFs without prior notice. BlackRock and iShares are registered trademarks of BlackRock, Inc. and its affiliates.
System availability and response times may be subject to market conditions.
Keep in mind that investing involves risk. The value of your investment will fluctuate over time and you may gain or lose money.
Before investing, consider the funds' investment objectives, risks, charges, and expenses. Contact Fidelity for a prospectus or, if available, a summary prospectus containing this information. Read it carefully.