Commissions, Margin Rates, and Fees
Whether you trade stocks, options, bonds, or CDs, you'll receive competitive online commission rates
How do we stand apart from the rest?
- $4.95 for all online U.S. equity trades
- Margin rates among the most competitive in the industry—as low as 5.00%*
- 93 commission-free ETFs available for purchase
It's easy. Opening your new account takes just minutes.
Download and print full details of our commissions and fees, including our low rates for online trades and our rates for automated telephone service (FAST®) or representative-assisted trades.
|All online U.S. equity trades
Any number of shares or trades
|$4.95 per trade|
All online options tradesBuy to close orders of $0.65 to $0.11
Buy to close orders of $0.10 or less NEW
|$4.95 per trade, plus
$0.65 per contract
|Purchase 70 iShares® ETFs online||$0|
|Purchase 11 Fidelity sector ETFs online||$0|
|Purchase 3 Fidelity active fixed income ETFs||$0|
|Purchase 8 Fidelity factor ETFs online NEW||$0|
|All other ETFs||$4.95 per trade|
Bonds and CDs
|Secondary Issues||$1.00 per bond2|
|U.S. Treasury: Auctions and secondary issues online||$0|
|U.S. Treasury: Auctions and secondary issues representative assisted||Flat fee of $19.95|
|No Transaction Fee (NTF) non-Fidelity funds:||$0 on purchase. $49.95 on redemption if held less than 60 days|
|Transaction Fee non-Fidelity funds:||$49.95 per purchase.4 $0 on redemption|
1. Fidelity makes certain new issue products available without a separate transaction fee. Fidelity may receive compensation from issuers for participating in the offering as a selling group member and/or underwriter. For representative assisted treasury auction orders, a $19.95 transaction fee applies.
2. Minimum mark-up or mark-down of $19.95 applies if traded with a Fidelity representative. For U.S. Treasury purchases traded with a Fidelity representative, a flat charge of $19.95 per trade applies. A $250 maximum applies to all trades, reduced to a $50 maximum for bonds maturing in one year or less. Fixed income trading requires a Fidelity brokerage account with a minimum opening balance of $2,500. Rates are for U.S. dollar–denominated bonds; additional fees and minimums apply for non-dollar bond trades. Other conditions may apply; see Fidelity.com/commissions for details. Please note that mark-ups and mark-downs may affect the total cost of the transaction and the total, or "effective," yield of your investment. The offering broker, which may be our affiliate, National Financial Services LLC, may separately mark-up or mark-down the price of the security and may realize a trading profit or loss on the transaction.
3. Other concessions or commissions may apply if traded with a Fidelity representative.
4. Certain funds will have a transaction fee of $75. To identify any applicable transaction fees associated with the purchase of a given fund, please refer to the "Fees and Distributions" tab on the individual fund page on Fidelity.com
The margin rate you pay depends on your outstanding margin balance—the higher your balance, the lower the margin rate you are charged.
|Debit balance||Margin rate||Effective rate|
|$1M+||Base – 3.075%||5.000%|
|$500,000-$999,999||Base – 2.825%||5.250%|
|$250,000–$499,999||Base – 0.500%||7.575%|
|$100,000–$249,999||Base – 0.250%||7.825%|
|$50,000–$99,999||Base – 0.200%||7.875%|
|$25,000–$49,999||Base + 0.750%||8.825%|
|$0–$24,999||Base + 1.250%||9.325%|
You've seen the low rates—you can also get our powerful tools, convenience, and repayment flexibility.
|Account or Service||Fee Amount||Frequency|
|Electronic statements||$0||Per Statement|
|Monthly statements||$0||Per Statement|
|Trade confirms||$0||Per Confirm|
|Replacement statement||$0||Per Statement|
|Replacement confirm||$0||Per Confirm|
|Early IRA withdrawals||$0||Per Withdrawal|
|Roth IRA conversion||$0||Per Conversion|
|SIMPLE IRA annual fee1||$25||Annual|
|Account closeout fee1
Note: Excludes SIMPLE IRAs.
|Cash management services|
|Electronic funds transfer (EFT)||$0||Per Transaction|
|Fidelity BillPay®||$0||Per Transaction|
|Check copies||$0||Per Request|
|Returned check2||$15||Per Returned Check|
|Stop payment2||$15||Per Request|
Note: Nominal fees may apply for specialty checks
|HSA check ordering3||$10||Per Order|
|Overnight check delivery||$0||Per Request|
|Cashier's check4||$10||Per Check|
|Debit card annual fee5||$0||Annual|
|Fidelity® Cash Management Account ATM fee5||$0||Per Transaction|
|Fidelity® Cash Management Account ATM bank surcharge5||Reimbursed||Per Transaction|
|The Fidelity Account® ATM fee5||$0 for first 5 transactions per month
$1 per transaction thereafter
|The Fidelity Account® ATM bank surcharge5||Varies||Per Transaction|
|Bank wire6||$10 online
$15 through a representative6
|Per Wire Request|
|Foreign exchange wire7||Up to 3% of principal||Per Wire Request|
|Steaming Level II quotes||$0||Annual|
|Transfer of assets||$0||Per Transfer|
|Mandatory corporate reorganization||$0||Per Transaction|
|Voluntary corporate reorganization8||$38||Per Transaction|
|Depository Foreign Trust Company (DTC) foreign settlement fee
Note: Fee is per trade for foreign ordinary stock that is not DTC eligible.
|Stock certificate transfer and ship9||$100||Per Certificate|
|Transfer Limited Partnership positions10||$75||Per Partnership|
|Mutual fund annual low balance fee11||$12||Annual Per Fund|
|Foreign dividends and reorganizations12||1% of principal||Per Transaction|
|Margin liquidation||$32.95||Per Liquidation|
|Reg T extension||$0||Per Extension|
1. $25 per year for SIMPLE IRAs; deducted from account (usually in November) unless employer has already paid separately. Fidelity may deduct an administrative fee of $12 per quarter ($48 annually) from your Fidelity HSA; waived for households that meet certain asset minimums at Fidelity (Households with $250k or more in assets. For details, see Fee Waiver Eligibility Section). The administrative fee will not be deducted if its paid by your employer.
2. Checkwriting, $15 per returned check or stop-payment; nominal fees may apply for services such as check reorders, copies of checks, and specialty check orders
3. HSAs will be subject to a fee of $10 per order of 25 Checks
4. Available by overnight delivery to customer’s address by calling a Representative. Cashier’s Checks, which are purchased with funds from a Fidelity account, are subject to a $10 fee (waived for Gold-level Accounts) Households with $250k or more in assets.
5. There is no annual fee for the Fidelity Visa Gold Check Card or the Fidelity HSA debit card. Fidelity does charge $1.00 for every ATM transaction above five each month. You may also be charged separate fees by other institutions, such as the owner of the ATM. Note: you cannot use the Fidelity HSA debit card at an ATM. If you qualify for Premium, Private Client Group, or have household annual trading activity of 120 or more stock, bond or option trades, Fidelity will not charge an ATM transaction fee and will reimburse itemized domestic fees charged when using the card at ATM’s displaying the Visa, Plus, or Star logos. Eligibility for these fee waivers and reimbursements is determined based on asset levels as of the end of each business day, and will be applied the following day. If you eligibility changes, your account may be charged the applicable fees without notice. Any reimbursements will be credited to your account the same day an ATM fee is debited from the account. In rare instances, ATM owners may not itemize fees, which may cause disruption of individual automatic rebates. Should this occur, please contact Fidelity. Note: There is a foreign transaction fee of 1% that is not waived or reimbursed, and will be included in the amount charged to your account. The Fidelity Visa Gold Check Card and Fidelity HSA debit card are issued by PNC Bank, NA, and administered by BNY Mellon Investment Servicing Trust Company, which are not affiliated with Fidelity.
6. $10 per online transaction, $15 per transaction via form or representative; waived for households that meet certain asset and trade minimums at Fidelity
Waived for households with $1 million or more in assets with Fidelity, or $25,000 in assets with Fidelity and 120 trades per year.
7. Charged when converting USD to wire funds in a foreign currency
8. Applies to voluntary transactions such as exercising rights or warrants, participating in tender offers, bonds, or preferred stock; Waived for households with $1 million or more in assets with Fidelity, or $25, 000 in assets with Fidelity and 120 trades per year.
9. Applies only to customers who have certificate shares reregistered and shipped; waived for households that meet certain asset and trade minimums at Fidelity (Households with $1 million or more in assets or $25,000 or more in assets +120 trades a year).
10. Applies only when moving a holding in an unregistered partnership to your account
11. For each noncore Fidelity fund under $2,000; other policies described below. Fund positions are normally values each year on the second Friday in November. Positions opened after September 30, or after January 1 if using regular, periodic investment plans, are not subject to the fee for that calendar year. See your Fidelity fund’s prospectus for additional information. This fee does not apply to Portfolio Advisory Services, SIMPLE IRA, CIT, or Fidelity BrokerageLink® accounts.
12. 1% of principal charged when a dividend is paid or a reorganization event occurs on a foreign asset held in USD