$0.00 commission applies to online U.S. equity trades and exchange-traded funds (ETFs) in a Fidelity retail account only for Fidelity Brokerage Services LLC retail clients. Sell orders are subject to an activity assessment fee (from $0.01 to $0.03 per $1,000 of principal). Other exclusions and conditions may apply. See Fidelity.com/commissions for details. Employee equity compensation transactions and accounts managed by advisors or intermediaries through Fidelity Institutional® are subject to different commission schedules.
Investing involves risk, including risk of loss.
1. Investment-only account. This is not a plan but type of account. The account is established by the Trustee. The Plan must be a Trustee-directed pooled account. It cannot be a plan that allows for employee investment direction. Please consult your plan document to see if you qualify to open an account.
2. Most SEPs require employers to contribute to each employee's plan at the same percentage of their salary/wages. For this reason, SEPs are rarely chosen by those with greater than 20 employees.
3. If you withdraw the money before age 59½, you are generally subject to a 10% early withdrawal penalty, subject to certain exceptions. For SIMPLE IRAs, if the withdrawal is made within the first two years of plan participation, the 10% penalty increases to 25%.
4. An employee must be terminated from all employer relationships under the plan, if applicable, in order to access assets.
5. Contribution limits are subject to annual cost of living adjustments.
No account fees or minimums to open Fidelity retail IRA accounts. Expenses charged by investments (e.g., funds, managed accounts, and certain HSAs), and commissions, interest charges, and other expenses for transactions, may still apply. See Fidelity.com/commissions for further details.
Fidelity does not provide legal or tax advice. The information herein is general in nature and should not be considered legal or tax advice. Consult an attorney or tax professional regarding your specific situation.
Fidelity Brokerage Services LLC, Member NYSE, SIPC, 900 Salem Street, Smithfield, RI 02917