Leveraging fixed income & bond investing tools on Fidelity.com
In this course you will learn how to navigate and use Fidelity's comprehensive suite of fixed income and bond tools. These tools will help you when searching for bonds & CDs, monitoring your fixed income portfolio, building a bond ladder, and more.
When you complete this course, you will be able to:
- Leverage the fixed income and bond pages to search for bonds & CDs, view bond-related news and research, access bond tools, and learn about services to help manage your fixed income portfolio
- Use the Fixed Income Analysis tool to help visualize cash flow, monitor sources of potential risk, and model the interest rate sensitivity of your fixed income portfolio
- Construct a bond ladder and analyze the results to determine if they match your investment objectives
|1.||Navigating the Fixed Income & Bonds page on Fidelity.com||Video||
This video will show you how to navigate the Fixed Income & Bonds page on Fidelity.com to search for Bonds and CDs to build your portfolio as well as access research, tools, and services we offer to help manage your portfolio.
This video will show you how to navigate the Fixed Income & Bonds page on Fidelity.com to search for... More
|2.||Using a scattergraph in fixed income analysis||Video||
Do you prefer a visual? You can view bond search results in a scattergraph which plots the offerings against relevant yield curves.
Do you prefer a visual? You can view bond search results in a scattergraph which plots the offerings... More
|3.||Conducting fixed income analysis on Fidelity.com||Video||
See positions that are maturing or may be called in the next 30 days, sort positions by maturity, group positions into a list. View analytic charts to help identify different types of risk or diversification opportunities within your bond and CD portfolio.
See positions that are maturing or may be called in the next 30 days, sort positions by maturity,... More
|4.||Using the Bond Fund & Fixed Income Illustrators||Video||
Available on the Cash Flow Calculations tab within the Fixed Income Analysis Tool, the illustrator allows you to evaluate current year income calculations – you can apply either a 30-day yield, the Indicated Annual Dividend, or enter a hypothetical yield.
Available on the Cash Flow Calculations tab within the Fixed Income Analysis Tool, the illustrator... More
|5.||Evaluating interest rate risk in your fixed income portfolio||Video||
Learn how to use the Interest Rate Sensitivity Illustrator to help identify potential areas of interest rate risk and confidently manage your fixed income portfolio.
Learn how to use the Interest Rate Sensitivity Illustrator to help identify potential areas of... More
|6.||Using the bond ladder tool||Video||
The Bond Ladder Tool guides you through a three-step process to build a portfolio of bonds that mature at staggered intervals and gives you a side-by-side comparative view. Learn to customize the ladder and have Fidelity suggest a bond for each rung, or use a self-directed approach.
The Bond Ladder Tool guides you through a three-step process to build a portfolio of bonds that... More
|7.||Establishing & interpreting fixed income alerts||Video||
Fixed income alerts can help to save you time by conveniently providing relevant account and market information you need in a timely fashion.
Fixed income alerts can help to save you time by conveniently providing relevant account and market... More
- By Fidelity Learning Center
Other Courses Like This
- Getting started with Active Trader Pro®
- Managing your accounts in Active Trader Pro®
- Trading in Active Trader Pro®
- Placing conditional orders in Active Trader Pro®
- Visually explore trade and risk management strategies with Trade Armor™
- Charting in Active Trader Pro®
- Using advanced charting in Active Trader Pro®
- What are mutual funds?
- Mutual fund fees & expenses
- Mutual fund taxes
- Types of mutual funds
- What are domestic stock funds?
- What are international & global stock funds?
- Navigating through the Mutual Fund Center
- Using the mutual fund library to evaluate funds
- Conducting mutual fund research with the fund evaluator