Active Trader Pro® FAQs: General
Will Active Trader Pro® work on both the PC and Mac®?
Yes, the Active Trader Pro platform is available for both the PC and Mac®. All required software in order to run Active Trader Pro on both the PC and Mac® will be included during the installation process.
The application can be downloaded from www.fidelity.com/atp and accessed from either the PC desktop or the Mac® Launchpad®.
Can I provide feedback on Active Trader Pro® products?
Yes, we would love to get your feedback. You can call a Fidelity representative at 800-544-6666, or go to the Help menu within Active Trader Pro and select Tell Us What You Think. Please tell us what you like and dislike, and be as descriptive as possible.
How can I get technical assistance for Active Trader Pro® products?
Should you have technical issues, please contact us at 800-544-7595. You will hear prompts for various products—select Active Trader tools.
How can I learn more about available tools and functionality within Active Trader Pro®?
Learn more by visiting the Fidelity Learning Center where you can find educational demos and webinars offering more insight into the tools available within our Tools & Demos section.
How do I use the main navigation structure?
Tabs in the main navigation bar give you easy access to Accounts, Trade & Orders, Quotes & Watch List, News & Research, Alerts, and Charts. Within each tab is a dropdown menu with access to multiple tools you can use to help make smarter trading decisions.
Will I be able to customize a layout?
Yes, you can use the main navigation to access the tools you'd like as part of your layout. You can save up to 30 components at once in a custom layout.
Can I direct equity and options orders to the market of my choice?
Yes, you can do this by using the Directed Trade ticket, which is found under the Trade & Orders menu. This ticket offers a view into quotes and liquidity across various exchanges and also supports extended hours and across-session trading for equities. Use Settings for directed trading to enable advanced equity order types, such as reserve orders, or to create shortcut buttons for rapid order entry.
What are my choices for using direct and intelligent order routing with the Active Trader Pro® directed trade ticket?
Pick your market, exchange, or electronic communication network (ECN):
- Enjoy full-order book depth for NASDAQ, NYSE, Amex, and regional-listed securities on NASDAQ
- Experience streaming time and sales data integrated with consolidated quotes from multiple market centers
- Easily send your order to the market center of your choice using our customizable trading ticket
Or, let Fidelity's intelligent order routing technology do it for you using:
- Fidelity Dynamic Liquidity ManagementSM (FDLM), Fidelity Capital Markets' proprietary intelligent order router which provides access to displayed liquidity through ECNs and exchanges as well as nondisplayed liquidity
- Volume Weighted Average Price (VWAP), a strategy that trades along with volume throughout the day, tracking the average price over the specified time interval
- Target Volume (TVOL), a strategy based on a percentage participation rate designed to forecast and trade along with market volume at the targeted rate
Available route destinations:
- ARCA – NYSE Archipelago
- NSDQ – NASDAQ
- NYHY – NYSE Hybrid
- FDLM – Fidelity Dynamic Liquidity ManagementSM
- VWAP – Volume Weighted Average Price
- TVOL – Target Volume (5%, 10%, 20%)
- AUTO – Fidelity's proprietary order routing system
How can I learn more about Active Trader Pro®?
Learn more by reading about 10 Features of the New Active Trader Pro.
What if I have trading questions?
Call a trading specialist at 800-564-0211 or instant message a representative.
Watch educational videos to learn more about the powerful tools and features available within Active Trader Pro®.