Investing involves risk, including risk of loss. Unlike most FDIC insured bank products, investment return and principal value of an investment will vary, and you may have a gain or less when you sell your shares.
$4.95 commission applies to online U.S. equity trades in a Fidelity retail account only for Fidelity Brokerage Services LLC retail clients. Certain accounts may require a minimum opening balance of $2,500. Sell orders are subject to an activity assessment fee (from $0.01 to $0.03 per $1,000 of principal). Other conditions may apply. See Fidelity.com/commissions for details. Employee equity compensation transactions and accounts managed by advisors or intermediaries through Fidelity Clearing & Custody Solutions are subject to different commission schedules.
Fidelity Go® is a service provided by Strategic Advisers, Inc. (SAI), a registered investment adviser and a Fidelity Investments company, and by Geode Capital Management, LLC, an unaffiliated investment adviser. This service provides discretionary money management for a fee.
Brokerage services are provided by Fidelity Brokerage Services LLC. Custody and other services are provided by National Financial Services LLC. Both are Fidelity Investments companies and members of NYSE and SIPC.
Options trading entails significant risk and is not appropriate for all investors. Certain complex options strategies carry additional risk. Before trading options, please read . Supporting documentation for any claims, if applicable, will be furnished upon request.
In general, the bond market is volatile, and fixed income securities carry interest rate risk. (As interest rates rise, bond prices usually fall, and vice versa. This effect is usually more pronounced for longer-term securities.) Fixed income securities also carry inflation risk, liquidity risk, call risk, and credit and default risks for both issuers and counterparties. Unlike individual bonds, most bond funds do not have a maturity date, so holding them until maturity to avoid losses caused by price volatility is not possible.
1. Barron's, March 20, 2017 and March 19, 2016 Online Broker Surveys. 2017: Fidelity was evaluated against 15 others and earned the top overall score of 35.6 out of a possible 40. The firm was also named best online broker for Long-Term Investing (shared with 2 others), Best for Novices (shared with 1 other), and Best for Investor Education (shared with 2 others). Fidelity was also ranked 1st in the following categories: Trading Experience & Technology (shared with 2 others), Mobile (shared with 1 other), Research Amenities, and Portfolio Analysis and Reports (shared with 2 others). 2016: Fidelity was evaluated against 15 others and earned the top overall score of 34.9 out of a possible 40.0. Fidelity was also named Best Online Broker for Long-Term Investing (shared with one other), Best for Novices (shared with one other), and Best for In-Person Service (shared with four others), and was ranked first in the following categories: trading technology; range of offerings (tied with one other firm); and customer service, education, and security. Overall ranking for both years based on unweighted ratings in the following categories: trading experience & technology; usability; mobile; range of offerings; research amenities; portfolio analysis and reports; customer service, education, and security; and costs.
2. Investor's Business Daily® (IBD), January 2015, 2016 and 2017: Best Online Brokers Special Report. January 2015: Fidelity ranked in the top five in 9 out of 11 categories. Fidelity was named first in Research Tools, Investment Research, Portfolio Analysis and Reports, and Educational Resources. January 2016: Fidelity ranked in the top five in 10 out of 12 categories. Fidelity was named first in Trade Reliability, Research Tools, Investment Research, Portfolio Analysis and Reports, and Educational Resources. January 2017: Fidelity ranked in the top two in all 13 categories. Fidelity was named first in Research Tools, Portfolio Analysis and Reports, Investment Research, Educational Resources, and Planning Tools. Results in 2017 were based on having the highest Customer Experience Index within the categories composing the survey, as scored by more than 4,752 respondents in the survey conducted by Investor’s Business Daily’s polling partner, TechnoMetrica Market Intelligence. © Investor's Business Daily, Inc. All rights reserved.
3. Kiplinger's, August 2016. Online Broker Survey. Fidelity was ranked No. 1 overall out of 7 online brokers. Results based on ratings in the following categories: Commissions and Fees, Breadth of Investment Choices, Tools, Research, Ease of Use, Mobile, and Advisory.
2017 Online Broker Review, February 21, 2017: Fidelity was named Best in Class for Research, Ease of Use and Order Execution out of 16 online brokers evaluated. Read the full& article
. February 16, 2016: Fidelity was ranked No. 1 overall out of 13 online brokers evaluated in the StockBrokers.com 2016 Online Broker Review. Fidelity was also rated No. 1 in several categories, including Order Execution, International Trading, and Email Support, and named Best in Class for Offering of Investments, Research, Customer Service, Investor Education, Mobile Trading, Banking, Order Execution, Active Trading, Options Trading, and New Investors. Read the full article
4.25% rate available for debit balances over $1,000,000. Fidelity's current base margin rate, effective since 6/16/2017, is 7.325%.
6. You will earn 2 points per dollar in eligible net purchases (purchases minus credits and returns) that you charge. Credits, returns, adjustments, and certain transactions do not earn points. The 2% rewards value applies only to points redeemed for a deposit into an eligible Fidelity account. The redemption value is different if you choose to redeem your points for other rewards such as travel options, merchandise, gift cards, and/or a statement credit. Other restrictions apply. Full details appear in the Program Rules new card customers receive with their card. Establishment or ownership of a Fidelity account or other relationship with Fidelity Investments is not required to obtain a card or to be eligible to use points to obtain any rewards offered under the program other than Fidelity Rewards.
7. This offer is valid for new or existing Fidelity customers. In order to receive the commission-free trades you must download the Active Trader Pro® software or log in to ActiveTraderPro.com®. Trades must be placed on Active Trader Pro® or ActiveTraderPro.com and be used within 90 calendar days. Commission-free trades must be designated to the one account receiving the qualifying assets or amount, and are limited to online domestic equities and options trades. Options trades are limited to 20 contracts or less per trade; for orders beyond these limitations, standard commission rates apply. No cash compensation will be given for any unused commission-free trades. Offer is nontransferable, limited to one per individual per rolling 12 months and may not be combined with other offers. Fidelity reserves the right to modify these terms and conditions or terminate this offer at any time. Other terms and conditions, or eligibility criteria may apply. Customers must register at .
The Equity Summary Score is provided for informational purposes only, does not constitute advice or guidance, and is not an endorsement or recommendation for any particular security or trading strategy. The Equity Summary Score is provided by Thomson Reuters StarMine, an independent company not affiliated with Fidelity Investments. For more information and details, go to Fidelity.com.
9. The Fidelity ETF/ETP Screener (Screener) is a research tool provided to help self-directed investors evaluate exchange traded products (ETPs). Criteria and inputs entered are at the sole discretion of the user, and all screens or strategies with pre-selected criteria (including expert ones) are solely for the convenience of the user. Expert Screens are provided by independent companies not affiliated with Fidelity. Information supplied or obtained from this Screener is for informational purposes only and should not be considered investment advice or guidance, an offer of or a solicitation of an offer to buy or sell securities, or a recommendation or endorsement by Fidelity of any security or investment strategy. Fidelity does not endorse or adopt any particular investment strategy or approach to screening or evaluating ETPs. Fidelity makes no guarantees that information supplied is accurate, complete, or timely, and does not provide any warranties regarding results obtained from their use. Determine which securities are right for you based on your investment objectives, risk tolerance, financial situation and other individual factors and re-evaluate them on a periodic basis.
iPhone and iPad are registered trademarks of Apple, Inc.
Android is a trademark of Google, Inc.
Recognia®, Trefis®, and Fidelity are not affiliated.
There are additional costs associated with option strategies that call for multiple purchases and sales of options, such as spreads, straddles, and collars, as compared with a single option trade.
Active Trader Pro® is automatically made available to customers trading 36 times or more in a rolling 12-month period. If you do not meet the eligibility criteria, please contact Active Trader Services at 800-564-0211 to request access.
There is an Options Regulatory Fee from $0.04 to $0.06 per contract, which applies to both option buy and sell transactions. The fee is subject to change.
Beta is a measure of risk. It represents how a security has responded in the past to movements of the securities market. Smart beta represents an alternative investment methodology to typical cap-weighted benchmark investing, and there is no guarantee that a smart beta or factor-based investing strategy will enhance performance or reduce risk.
FidSafe® is not a Fidelity Brokerage Services LLC service. FidSafe is a service of XTRAC LLC, a Fidelity Investments company.