How to Reset or Change Your Password
Are you having trouble logging in? If you've incorrectly entered your password three times, you'll be locked out of your account and will need to reset your password. You can also change your password to enhance your security at any time.
What do I need to know?
To reset a password:
- You'll need to verify your identity:
- When asked to request a security code, select the phone number where you want the code sent
- When you get it, be sure to enter the actual 6-digit security code in the field and not the number the code comes from
- If you're asked a security question, answer it and then you'll be prompted to create a new password:
- If you answer incorrectly, we'll block access to your account until we can verify no one else is trying to access it
- To unblock your account, please call a customer service representative at 800-343-3548
- On the Change a PasswordLog In Required page, enter your current password
- Create and confirm your new password
What to expect
- It will only take a few minutes to reset online and your changes will take effect immediately
- You'll receive a confirmation through email or in your messages in the Communication CenterLog In Required
Please wait while Fidelity's Virtual Assistant loads.
Virtual Assistant is Fidelity's automated natural language search engine to help you find information on the Fidelity.com site. As with any search engine, we ask that you not input personal or account information. Information that you input is not stored or reviewed for any purpose other than to provide search results and to help provide analytics to improve the search results. For account servicing requests, you may send our customer service team a secure, encrypted message once you have logged in to our website. Responses provided by the Virtual Assistant are to help you navigate Fidelity.com and, as with any Internet search engine, you should review the results carefully. Fidelity does not guarantee accuracy of results or suitability of information provided.