Report an online security issue

If you think you've received a suspicious email, are concerned your account may have been compromised, or you'd like to report some other type of security concern, take the following steps.

For Fidelity customers

If you can log in safely, report your concern to us with secure emailLog In Required. We'll respond in 24–48 hours.

For security researchers

If you are a security researcher and have discovered a suspected security vulnerability in any of our products or online services, you can responsibly disclose your finding by submitting a report to our Vulnerability Disclosure Program (Program). We've engaged HackerOne, Inc. to administer the Program and you will be redirected to their site where you will find more information about the Program, including Program eligibility criteria, rules, and the submission process.

If your account is blocked or compromised

Call us at 800-544-6666

Additional important steps to take

Keep an eye on account activity

Check your account activity regularly over the next few weeks. If you see unauthorized activity, contact us immediately at 800-544-6666 and we'll help you close the affected accounts and open new ones.

Keep your antivirus and system software current

Using your antivirus software, scan your computer to check for viruses. Be sure your operating system and antivirus software are up to date—and if they aren't, update them.

Change all your passwords

If you suspect your account was compromised, change your account password and security questions immediately. Do this for your email and any other online accounts as well.

Place a fraud alert on your file

If you suspect your account has been compromised, contact the 3 major credit bureaus and ask them to place a fraud alert on your credit file. That way, financial institutions and credit card companies must contact you before opening any new accounts in your name.

Notify the Federal Trade Commission (FTC)

The FTC investigates consumer complaints of identity theft and online fraud, and also provides a summary of your consumer rights under US law. File a report with the FTC