- Leaving the workforce to become a caregiver can have a massive financial impact.
- If you think you might need to become a full-time caregiver one day, then it may make sense to fully participate now in employee benefits such as HSAs and 401K plans with matching contributions.
- Hold a family conversation to discuss the situation and what "giving care" will look like.
- Create a "caregiving road map" to chart out roles, responsibilities, and expenses.
- Make a financial plan to give yourself a sense of control and order.