Focus on having fun togetherA sense of humor can be a positive trait that helps during tough times. It can be a stress reducer and contribute to solving problems more easily. Also, find an activity you like doing together, like a shared hobby or a bike ride together.
Stay connected through communicationGood communication is fundamental and healthy in any relationship. Positive emotional connections help to create safety and happiness. Good communication takes work and can go far when working through problems and challenges.
Manage conflict well
Being yourself in a relationship
Are you ready for marriage or long-term commitment?
- We handle conflict in a constructive way.
- We accept each other as we are.
- We’ve talked about our goals and priorities, and we want the same things.
- We’re ready to publicly commit to each other and to our relationship.
- We’re committed to building a stable foundation together.