How to spot potential elder financial abuse
- Who manages their money on a day-to-day basis?
- How’re these relationships going?
- Are there new or unusual credit card charges or cash withdrawals?
- Is anyone else authorized on their bank or investment accounts?
- Have they recently run out of money at the end of the month?
- Have they mentioned regretting or worrying about any financial decisions they’ve made recently?
- Does anyone else have access to their home where sensitive documents and passwords might be kept?
- Has anyone recently asked them to change their will or power of attorney in that person’s favor?