Health insurance: Summary of Benefits and Coverage
- Does your policy have a deductible?
- Do you need a referral to see a specialist?
- Is prior authorization required?
- In case of emergency, how would you be charged for out-of-network providers or hospitals?
- What’s the appeals process? In case a claim is denied, knowing your next steps could help reduce the stress of the potential bill.
- Check your maximum out-of-pocket limit and maximum out-of-network limit to find out your potential maximum liability.
HSAs and HCFSAs
- Short-term disability coverage usually lasts about 6 months.
- Long-term disability coverage kicks in after the short-term policy runs out at the 6-month mark.