Why Buy Bonds & CDs at Fidelity
With industry-low fees, award-winning online tools, and dedicated support, it's easy to see why Fidelity is ranked A+ in bond investing.1
Enjoy pricing that beats markup-based bond brokers over 98% of the time.2
- Trade new issues for free.3
- Trade secondary bonds for just $1 per bond—a savings of $14 per bond compared to the industry average.2
- Purchase U.S. Treasuries online for free or for a flat rate of just $19.95 when placed with a representative.
- With a minimum concession of $8 and a maximum of $250, you'll never pay more than $250 for any order.
Over 40,000 bonds and CDs
We offer one of the largest bond inventories available from a single brokerage firm.
- Choose from over 40,000 bonds and CDs, aggregated from hundreds of dealers around the country.
- Access a regular stream of new issue tax-exempt municipal offerings from various states - 44 different states in 2014.
- Select from over 100 FDIC-insured new issue CDs, from a variety of banks with multiple maturities and competitive rates.4
Bond tools and resources
Our tools and educational resources can help you succeed as a fixed income investor.
- Research and trade with ease on our online platform—voted the best in the industry.1
- Build a bond ladder to help generate regular cash flow.
- Use our Fixed Income Analysis Tool to get an analysis of your entire bond portfolio.
- Receive alerts to help track upcoming new issue offerings, maturities, and credit rating changes.
Our team of fixed income specialists can work with you and your financial consultants on all aspects of your financial planning.
- Receive an in-depth analysis of your bond and bond fund holdings - including your outside accounts.
- Get help constructing a bond or short-term CD ladder to help make your cash work harder.
- For investors with bond portfolios of $3 million and higher, our High Net Worth Bond Desk provides even greater levels of personalized service.