Why buy bonds & CDs at Fidelity
With low bond trading costs, innovative tools, and dedicated support, it's easy to see why many investors turn to Fidelity for their bond investing needs.
At Fidelity, our bond pricing is clear, transparent, and low.
- See how Fidelity's $1 mark-up per bond compares to certain competitors whose online prices for corporate and municipal bonds were found to be an average of $14 more, per bond2
- Trade new issues and new issue CDs for free3
- Purchase U.S. Treasuries online for free or for a flat rate of just $19.95 when placed with a representative
- Pay a maximum mark-up/down of $250 for individual bond orders or just $50 for those maturing in a year or less
Over 50,000 bonds and CDs
We offer one of the largest bond inventories available from a single brokerage firm.
- Choose from over 50,000 bonds and CDs, aggregated from hundreds of dealers around the country
- Access a regular stream of new issue tax-exempt municipal offerings from various states - 39 different states in 2017
- Select from over 100 FDIC-insured new issue CDs, from a variety of banks with multiple maturities and competitive rates4
Bond tools and resources
Our tools and educational resources can help you succeed as a fixed income investor.
Our team of fixed income specialists can work with you and your financial consultants on all aspects of your financial planning.
- Receive an in-depth analysis of your bond and bond fund holdings, including your outside accounts
- Get help constructing a bond or short-term CD ladder to help make your cash work harder
- For investors with bond portfolios of $3 million and higher, our High Net Worth Bond Desk provides even greater levels of personalized service