Save for health care expenses

It's simple to contribute to your HSA to cover qualified medical expenses in the near-term and in retirement.

How can you put money into your HSA?

There's no minimum to start a Fidelity HSA®, and your contributions are tax-deductible. This gives you more saving power to cover your family's qualified medical expenses. There are several ways to contribute to your Fidelity HSA:

A bank account

Link a bank account for fast direct deposits. You can also set up recurring deposits for added convenience.

HSA direct deposits

Other HSAs

Transfer some or all of your balance from another HSA or HSAs, as often as you like, to consoldiate your accounts.

HSA consolidation

One-time IRA transfer

Move money from your IRA to your HSA once in your lifetime for a federal income tax deduction.

One-time IRA rollovers

How much can you save each year?

Annual HSA contribution limits

2018 2019
Individual health plan $3,450 $3,500
Family health plan $6,900 $7,000
Age 55 or older* Additional $1,000 Additional $1,000

Please note: Any employer contributions will count toward these limits.

**HSA owners can make catch-up contributions anytime during the year in which they turn 55.

See IRS Publication 969 (PDF) for more on annual HSA contribution limits.

< Why an HSA

Ready to get started?

Up next:
How to spend >

Already have a Fidelity HSA?


Looking for your Fidelity employer-provided HSA?
Log into NetBenefits®Log In Required.