Annual and quarterly financial reports: The primary sources of fundamental data
In this course you’ll learn the basic concepts and differences between a company's financial statements. With a better understanding of the financial statements you can determine a company’s financial strength.
When you complete this course, you will:
- Be familiar with the key terms and concepts associated with financial reports
- Know the differences between the balance sheet, the income statement, and the statement of cash flows
- Come away with a better understanding of financial reports to assist you in your analysis
|1.||Seek the primary source for fundamental data||Video||
Watch this video to get a brief overview of financial statements and their importance.
|2.||The balance sheet||Article||
Pay special attention to the "Read the fine print" section. This section underscores the importance of reading the footnotes.
Pay special attention to the "Read the fine print" section. This section underscores the importance... More
|3.||The income statement||Article||
The income statements tell us about earnings and how much money a company has made or lost during a specified time period.
The income statements tell us about earnings and how much money a company has made or lost during a... More
|4.||The statement of cash flows||Article||
The statement of cash flows is useful in determining the short-term viability of a company, particularly its ability to pay bills.
The statement of cash flows is useful in determining the short-term viability of a company,... More
Other Courses Like This
- Equity categories: A key to efficient portfolio construction
- Understanding market capitalization
- What are sectors and industries? A guide to frequently asked questions
- Understanding the differences between Domestic, International, and Global Companies
- Understanding American Depositary Receipts (ADRs)