Annual and quarterly financial reports: The primary sources of fundamental data
In this course you’ll learn the basic concepts and differences between a company's financial statements. With a better understanding of the financial statements you can determine a company’s financial strength.
When you complete this course, you will:
- Be familiar with the key terms and concepts associated with financial reports
- Know the differences between the balance sheet, the income statement, and the statement of cash flows
- Come away with a better understanding of financial reports to assist you in your analysis
|1.||Seek the primary source for fundamental data||Video||
Watch this video to get a brief overview of financial statements and their importance.
|2.||The balance sheet||Article||
Understanding a company's financial statements is step one in evaluating investment potential.
|3.||What is an income statement?||Article||
The income statements tell us about earnings and how much money a company has made or lost during a specified time period.
The income statements tell us about earnings and how much money a company has made or lost during a... More
|4.||The statement of cash flows||Article||
The statement of cash flows is useful in determining the short-term viability of a company, particularly its ability to pay bills.
The statement of cash flows is useful in determining the short-term viability of a company,... More
Other Courses Like This
- Equity categories: A key to efficient portfolio construction
- Understanding market capitalization
- What are sectors and industries? A guide to frequently asked questions
- Understanding the differences between domestic, international, and global companies
- Understanding American Depositary Receipts (ADRs)