Covid-19 has forced companies to cut dividends and suspend stock buybacks, which has increased the appeal of corporate bond investing for many investors. The financial situations of many companies have changed, however, which requires a fresh perspective to capitalize on opportunities and avoid pitfalls. BondSavvy’s Steve Shaw has navigated through Covid-19 and, in this recorded webinar, he shared with us:
- How did corporate bonds perform through the Covid-19 crisis and what did he learn during this period?
- What kinds of corporate bonds might perform best as the economy re-opens from the lock-down?
- The impact of recent Fed intervention on corporate bonds
- Is the risk of BBB corporate bonds overhyped?
- What can happen to corporate bondholders when an issuer defaults?
- The financial information he uses to evaluate corporate bond investments