Customer Service FAQs: Account Services
How do I transfer money online between my bank and my Fidelity account?
To transfer money online between your bank and your Fidelity account you must initiate an electronic funds transfer (EFT). Learn more about EFTs
For employer-sponsored accounts, your plan may offer the ability to set up bank account information for loan or withdrawal payments. To see if you are eligible and for details on how to set up bank information, log in to the Electronic Payments section of your employer-sponsored account.
How can I gift stock out of my brokerage account?
Requests to gift stock out of your brokerage account must be made in writing and submitted to Fidelity, either by bringing a letter of instruction to a Fidelity Investor Center, or by mail at the addresses provided below.
Your letter of instruction should include the following information:
- The names and guaranteed signatures of all of the account owners
- The brokerage account number
- The current address of record for the account
- Your daytime phone number
- Whether or not you want the gift to be anonymous
- A description of the securities being delivered, including the complete security name, number of shares (or dollar amount), and CUSIP number
In addition, you will need to include information specific to the type of gift you are making.
For gifts to accounts within Fidelity, please provide:
- The Social Security number associated with your account
- The Fidelity account number of the recipient
If you are sending your gift to another Fidelity account and the total amount is $10,000 or less, no signature guarantee is required. Gifts sent to Fidelity accounts take one to four days to process.
For gifts to accounts within Fidelity, your letter of instruction should be mailed to:
Attn: Account Reregistration Services
PO Box 770001
Cincinnati, OH 45277-0039
For gifts made directly to another person, please provide:
- The full name and address of the recipient, either a person or an institution
- The Social Security or tax identification number of the recipient
- If the recipient is a minor, the person’s date of birth, so the transfer agent may verify whether the minor’s age
For gifts sent to an account at another bank, please provide:
- Name, address, and Depository Trust Company (DTC) number of the bank
- Contact person's name and department at the bank handling the account
- Bank account number, if applicable
- Full name and address of recipient
- The Social Security or tax identification number of recipient
For gifts sent to a brokerage account outside of Fidelity, please provide:
- The name, address, and DTC number of receiving broker
- The recipient's Social Security number and account number at the receiving broker
For these types of gifts, your letter of instruction should be mailed to:
Attn: TOA Deliveries
PO Box 770001
Cincinnati, OH 45277-0033
Gifts sent outside of Fidelity take two to four weeks to process.