Customer Service FAQs: Managing Your Profile
Username and password
How do I change my username, password, and other login information?
You can change your username, password, or security questions any time at Your ProfileLog In Required. After logging in, select Security Settings, then Log in/Password.
I'm having trouble logging in. How do I reset my password or look up my username?
Provide us with some simple information to help verify your identity, then we can reset your password or show you your username. Reset your password or look up your username now
Note: Changing your password will also update it in the Fidelity phone system, and other Fidelity websites, such as NetBenefits® and eWorkplace®.
I don't have a username or password. How do I get one?
To get a username and password for online and phone access to your account, you'll need to register with Fidelity. Register now
Note: If you have previously registered with Fidelity.com, NetBenefits®, or eWorkplace®, you do not need to register again. You can use your existing username and password to access your new account.
Do I use the same password and username for my employer-sponsored accounts, personal accounts, and all other Fidelity websites?
Yes, the same username and password should be used to access all of your Fidelity accounts through any of our service channels including:
- Fidelity.com (brokerage accounts, mutual funds, personal retirement accounts, such as IRAs)
- NetBenefits.com (employer-sponsored accounts, such as 401(k), 403(b), 457, health savings accounts, pensions, and HR/payroll)
- Charitablegift.com (Charitable Gift FundSM accounts)
- Fidelity Automated Service Telephone (FAST®)
- Wireless access through Fidelity Mobile®
- Fidelity representative phone support
How does "Remember me" work?
When you select the "Remember me" checkbox and then log in, your username is encrypted and stored on the computer you are currently using. The next time you log in, your username is prefilled, and you only need to enter your password (which, for security reasons, is never saved) to log in.
Up to seven Fidelity usernames may be stored on a computer and accessed from the username dropdown menu. If you log in from multiple computers, such as your home and work computers, you must save the username on each computer separately.
For security reasons, only the last three characters of saved usernames are displayed with "Remember me." If you are saving multiple usernames on the same computer, be sure that the last three characters are different, so that you can easily tell them apart.
Important: Because "Remember me" stores your username on the computer you're using, do not use this feature on public computers (such as those in a library).
What if I no longer want my username saved?
To remove a username from the saved list, clear the "Remember me" checkbox when logging in. The username will not be saved on the computer you are using at the time. If you have saved your username on multiple computers, such as your home and work computers, the username must be removed separately from each computer.
My username was saved, but now it isn't in the list of saved usernames. Why not?
Your username may not be in the list of saved usernames for one of three reasons:
- You are logging in from a different computer. When you selected the "Remember me" check box and logged in, your username was encrypted and stored on the computer you were using at that time. If you log in from a different computer, you need to check "Remember me" to save your username.
- More than seven Fidelity usernames have been saved on the computer you are using. Up to seven usernames may be stored on any computer. If customers attempt to save more than seven Fidelity usernames on a computer, only the seven most recently logged in usernames will appear in the dropdown list.
- Your "cookies" were deleted. Your username is saved in a file called a "cookie." When cookies are deleted from your computer, your username will no longer appear in the list of saved usernames. Once deleted, you should close your browser and open a new browser to begin entering your username and password.
What if my username and the username of another user share the same last three characters?
For security reasons, only the last three characters of a saved username are displayed. If saving usernames on the same computer, be sure that the last three characters are different, so that you can tell them apart easily.
How do I use my username and password with Fidelity's telephone services?
Usernames and passwords containing letters need to be translated to numbers to enter them in a Fidelity phone system (like FAST®, or if you call a representative). Use your telephone keypad to convert the letters to numbers. There is no case sensitivity. Substitute an asterisk (*) for all special characters. Here's an example:
- To enter a username, e.g., Smith123, press or say 7-6-4-8-4-1-2-3
- To enter a password, e.g., Lucky1$23, press or say 5-8-2-5-9-1-*-2-3
This illustration shows a typical telephone keypad layout.
Note: Even if you're using a wireless device with a keypad that's different from the one above, please use this standard keypad to convert any letters in your username and password to numbers before entering them in the phone system.
Other personal information
Where can I update my personal information, such as my name, phone number, email, or mailing address?
You can make changes to all your personal account information under Your ProfileLog In Required.
- Can I add or update beneficiaries for my accounts online?
How do I set up and manage alerts for my personal accounts?
A variety of alerts are available for your personal accounts under AlertsLog In Required, where you can create alerts, modify existing alerts, and manage how you receive alerts.
Where can I find the amount I've taken year-to-date from my IRA?
On Portfolio Summary, select Contribute to an IRA from the dropdown menu to get to the Transfer Money/Shares page. The amount you've withdrawn in the current year is detailed here.