Fidelity Simplicity RMD FundsSM
Take the guesswork out of required minimum distributions (RMDs)* by pairing a professionally managed, age-appropriate asset allocation fund with our automated annual RMD withdrawal service.
Managing your annual RMDs can be a complex process, with significant tax implications and potential penalties at stake. Fidelity's Simplicity RMD Funds can help simplify the process.
• Use an actively managed, age-appropriate asset allocation mix for long-term performance
• Remove difficult investor decisions, such as what positions to sell and how to invest assets during retirement
• Let you consolidate your assets in your retirement accounts into a single fund strategy for RMDs
Single, diversified RMD fund option to help satisfy RMDs
The Simplicity RMD Funds are designed for investors who are approaching age 70½ or older and plan to withdraw the value of their account in the fund over time in accordance with required minimum distributions as mandated by the IRS. Each Simplicity RMD Fund invests in over 25 underlying funds to provide a diversified age-appropriate asset allocation mix.
- Funds are specifically designed for the year investors begin taking RMDs
- Asset allocation automatically becomes more conservative over time
- Withdrawals can be automated to meet RMDs when paired with Fidelity's automatic withdrawal service
Choosing a Simplicity RMD Fund
Consider the fund that most closely aligns with the year you turn 70, as initial RMDs are required starting at age 70½.
As you get older and your RMD withdrawal rate increases, the equity allocation in your Simplicity RMD Fund is designed to decrease and the fund will become more conservative until it reaches an allocation similar to that of the Simplicity RMD Income Fund.
Simplicity RMD Fund FAQs
Find answers to commonly asked questions about the Simplicity RMD Funds.
Learn more about RMDs, including how they work, how to calculate them, and ways Fidelity can help.
Use our tool to help determine your RMD for the current year.
The Retirement Distribution Center
Find a wide range of resources to help you know when and how to take distributions from your retirement accounts.