1. Fixed annuities available through Fidelity are issued by third-party insurance companies, which are not affiliated with any Fidelity Investments company. A contract's financial guarantees are solely the responsibility of and are subject to the claims-paying ability of the issuing insurance company.
2. Guarantees apply to certain insurance and annuity products and are subject to product terms, exclusions and limitations and the insurer's claims-paying ability and financial strength.
3. Deferred Income Annuity contracts are irrevocable, have no cash surrender value and no withdrawals are permitted prior to the income start date.
4. As long as you do not withdraw your policy's Accumulation Value (including applicable Market Value Adjustment and surrender charges) before the income start date. All guarantees are dependent on the claims-paying ability of the issuer, New York Life Insurance and Annuity Corporation (NYLIAC), a Delaware corporation, a wholly owned subsidiary of New York Life Insurance Company. Rider fees apply.
5. Any withdrawal prior to age 59½ will reduce your GLWB amount. After age 59½ , an early access withdrawal or any withdrawal (including applicable MVA and surrender charges) that exceeds your GLWB amount will reduce your income guarantees.
6. Withdrawals made prior to age 59½, may be subject to a 10% IRS penalty. Surrender charges may also apply.
Withdrawals of taxable amounts are subject to ordinary income tax and, if made before age 59½, may be subject to a 10% federal income tax penalty. Withdrawals of taxable amounts from a non-qualified annuity may also be subject to the 3.8% Unearned Income Medicare Contribution tax if your modified adjusted gross income exceeds the applicable threshold amount.
The contract value of a deferred variable annuity is subject to market fluctuations and investment risk so that, when withdrawn, it may be worth more or less than its original value.
Investing in an immediate variable income annuity involves risk of loss—the amount of each payment is not guaranteed and will fluctuate.
Fidelity insurance products are issued by Fidelity Investments Life Insurance Company (FILI), 100 Salem Street, Smithfield, RI 02917, and in New York, by Empire Fidelity Investments Life Insurance Company,® New York, N.Y. FILI is licensed in all states except New York. Other insurance products available at Fidelity are issued by third party insurance companies, which are not affiliated with any Fidelity Investments company. A contract's financial guarantees are subject to the claims-paying ability of the issuing insurance company.
Annuities are distributed by Fidelity Insurance Agency, Inc., and, for certain products, Fidelity Brokerage Services, Member NYSE, .
Before investing, consider the investment objectives, risks, charges, and expenses of the variable annuity and its investment options. Call or write to Fidelity or visit Fidelity.com for a free prospectus and, if available, summary prospectus containing this information. Please read the prospectus and consider this information carefully before investing. Product availability and features may vary by state. Please refer to the contract prospectus for more complete details regarding the living and death benefits if applicable.