Bond buying opportunities for the brave
This recorded webinar covers the current conditions of the corporate bond market and looks at potential opportunities.
Today’s corporate bond market has tested even the most seasoned investment professionals. While concerns over inflation, Fed tightening, and geopolitical events have caused many bond prices to fall, rising commodity prices have been a tailwind for bonds issued by energy and natural resources companies. With issuing company financials generally strong, investors have a potential opportunity to buy bonds at values not seen in years.
During this recorded webinar, Fidelity’s Richard Carter and BondSavvy’s Steve Shaw will discuss how external factors have impacted bond prices and how investors willing to accept potential near-term losses can position themselves for long-term success.
In this session, you’ll learn:
· How inflation impacts certain bonds – and certain investors – in different ways
· The extent to which Fed action can spill over into the corporate bond market
· How forced selling can create buying opportunities in individual bonds
· How this market compares to March 2020, the height of Covid-related panic
· How Steve is identifying value in corporate bonds while attempting to keep risk in check
Download transcript (PDF) | Download slides (PDF)