Storing your credit card information is convenient and secure
You can store your Fidelity® Rewards Visa Signature® Card information with merchants and billers when setting up recurring charges or as your default payment method. This makes one-time purchases quick, convenient, and secure, even when you don't have your card on hand.
Benefits of storing card details
- Storing your card details online is faster than manually entering your information for each transaction
- Store your card with merchants that you pay regularly and avoid late fees
- Continue to earn cash back
Keeping card information secure
When you store your card information, most merchants and billers use digital technology to change your card number to a unique code. That means your actual card information isn't shared during a transaction. The unique code makes your transactions much more secure than when you swipe the card at a store. And you're still covered by Fidelity's built-in card security features designed to help protect you and your card information.
Tips to keep your card secure
- If you've misplaced your card, you can place a temporary "lock" on your card—at no charge—using the Fidelity mobile app or website. Locking your card will prevent any purchase transactions except for regular automatic transactions (such as automatic bill payments). Lock your card.
- If you suspect you've been a victim of fraud, please contact Cardmember Service at 888-551-5144.
- If you report a card as lost or stolen and receive a new card, you may need to update your stored card information with merchants or billers.
Here's how your card account status may impact future purchases and payments, and when action may be required to ensure card activity can resume.
Stored card payment types
You can store your card information for all types of payments and even make it your default payment method
When you store your card information to make recurring payments, you'll never have to worry about missing a due date. Most merchants will allow you to specify the amount and sometimes the day you want to pay automatically each month.
Set your card to pay for streaming video and music, memberships, and more.
Store your card information with your favorite trusted online shopping sites
Set your card as the preferred payment method on mobile apps, including ride share and food delivery, as well as your digital wallet. Learn more about digital wallets
How to store card details
Every merchant or biller is different, but most give you the option to set up automatic recurring payments or save payment information at checkout. You can then select your card as the default payment method for future purchases.
Discontinuing recurring payments
Once you set up recurring payments with a merchant or biller, you're giving them permission to store your card information for period purchases. To discontinue these recurring payments, you must notify your merchant or biller directly or simply delete your card information.
Credit card payments
Fidelity Brokerage Services LLC, Member NYSE, SIPC, 900 Salem Street, Smithfield, RI 02917