Why Choose Fidelity FAQs: Guidance and Research
What kind of guidance can Fidelity provide?
We can help you with:
- Choosing investments
- Retirement planning
- Navigating specific life stages
- Decisions during big life events
- Wealth management
- Planning help for taxes, insurance, estates, and more
For more hands-on investment guidance, you can choose to have Fidelity manage your investments for you with a Managed Account.
Investors with $250,000 or more in assets may qualify for a dedicated account executive and support staff.
Additionally, you can get our latest thoughts on the financial industry, investing ideas, and personal finance in Fidelity Viewpoints® and Market Insights. You can also receive market and mutual fund updates from experienced Fidelity analysts in our exclusive videos and podcasts.
Our in-depth investment research lets you analyze, test, and discover investment opportunities on your own.
Can I get guidance from Fidelity if I am a customer through my 401(k), 403(b), or other workplace savings plan?
Yes, if you have a Fidelity retirement plan at work, we can help you with your investment decisions. Check with your employer to see if you have a dedicated phone number or on-site investment representative to help you.
Contact us for a list of phone numbers and contact options available at Fidelity.
Will an advisor be dedicated to me?
With most accounts, you will have free one-on-one access to our investment professionals in person, over the phone, and online.
When you sign up for a professionally managed account, a Fidelity relationship team member will:
- Help you define your investment goals and establish a plan to reach them.
- Explain investment decisions made on your behalf.
- Monitor your account to help you stay on track.
- Review your investment strategy with you annually.
Note: This service provides discretionary money management for a fee.
Customers with $250,000 or more in investable assets may also qualify for a dedicated account executive and a supporting team who offer:
- One-on-one guidance consultations
- Day-to-day account support
- Wealth advisor referrals, and more
- How can I contact Fidelity to receive help and guidance?
- Can I view a demo of Fidelity’s trading and research tools before opening an account?