$4.95 commission applies to online U.S. equity trades in a Fidelity retail account only for Fidelity Brokerage Services LLC retail clients. Certain accounts may require a minimum opening balance of $2,500. Sell orders are subject to an activity assessment fee (from $0.01 to $0.03 per $1,000 of principal). Other conditions may apply. See Fidelity.com/commissions for details. Employee equity compensation transactions and accounts managed by advisors or intermediaries through Fidelity Clearing & Custody Solutions are subject to different commission schedules.
Options trading entails significant risk and is not appropriate for all investors. Certain complex options strategies carry additional risk. Before trading options, please read Supporting documentation for any claims, if applicable, will be furnished upon request.
There is an Options Regulatory Fee from $0.03 to $0.05 per contract, which applies to both option buy and sell transactions. The fee is subject to change.
1. Barron's, March 26, 2018, March 20, 2017, and March 19, 2016 Online Broker Surveys. 2018: Fidelity was ranked against 18 others and earned the second highest overall score of 34.7 out of a possible 40. The firm was named best online broker for Long-Term Investing (shared with two others), Novice Investing (shared with 1 other), and Investor Education (shared with 2 others). 2017: Fidelity was evaluated against 15 others and earned the top overall score of 35.6 out of a possible 40. The firm was also named best online broker for Long-Term Investing (shared with 2 others), Best for Novices (shared with 1 other), and Best for Investor Education (shared with 2 others). Fidelity was also ranked 1st in the following categories: Trading Experience & Technology (shared with 2 others), Mobile (shared with 1 other), Research Amenities, and Portfolio Analysis and Reports (shared with 2 others). 2016: Fidelity was evaluated against 15 others and earned the top overall score of 34.9 out of a possible 40.0. Fidelity was also named Best Online Broker for Long-Term Investing (shared with one other), Best for Novices (shared with one other), and Best for In-Person Service (shared with four others), and was ranked first in the following categories: trading technology; range of offerings (tied with one other firm); and customer service, education, and security. Overall ranking for both years based on unweighted ratings in the following categories: trading experience & technology; usability; mobile; range of offerings; research amenities; portfolio analysis and reports; customer service, education, and security; and costs.
2. Kiplinger's, August 2016 and August 2017 Online Broker Survey. 2016: Fidelity was ranked No. 1 overall out of 7 online brokers. Results based on ratings in the following categories: Commissions and Fees, Breadth of Investment Choices, Tools, Research, Ease of Use, Mobile, and Advisory. 2017: Fidelity was ranked No. 1 overall (tied with Merrill Edge) out of 7 online brokers. Results based on ratings in the following categories: Total Commissions Score, Breadth of Investment Choices, Tools, Research, Ease of Use, Mobile Access, and Advisory Services. Also named Best for Managing Cash in 2017 survey.
StockBrokers.com 2018 Online Broker Review, February 20, 2018: Fidelity was ranked No. 1 overall out of 13 online brokers evaluated in the StockBrokers.com 2018 Online Broker Review. Fidelity was also rated No. 1 in several categories, including Research, Ease of Use, and Order Execution, and named Best in Class for Offering of Investments, Platforms & Tools, Customer Service, Mobile Trading, Education, Banking, Active Trading, and New Investors.
Investor’s Business Daily® (IBD), January 2016, 2017, and 2018: Best Online Brokers Special Report. January 2016: Fidelity ranked in the top five in 10 out of 12 categories. Fidelity was named first in Trade Reliability, Research Tools, Investment Research, Portfolio Analysis and Reports, and Educational Resources. January 2017: Fidelity ranked in the top two in all 13 categories. Fidelity was named first in Research Tools, Portfolio Analysis and Reports, Investment Research, Educational Resources, and Planning Tools. January 2018: Fidelity ranked in the top five in 13 out of 14 categories. Fidelity was named first in Trade Reliability, Site Performance, Customer Service, Research Tools, Investment Research, Low-Cost/Free ETF Trading, Portfolio Analysis & Reports, Educational Resources, and Investment and Retirement Planning Tools. Results in 2017 and 2018 were based on having the highest Customer Experience Index within the categories composing the survey, as scored by 4,752 and 5,052 respondents, respectively, in the survey conducted by Investor's Business Daily's polling partner, TechnoMetrica Market Intelligence. © Investor's Business Daily, Inc. All rights reserved.
5. NerdWallet.com, January 2017. In 2016, NerdWallet, an online media publisher, conducted an industry review of 20 online trading sites. Fidelity was recognized as one of the best online brokers for research tools (offerings from Fidelity and more than 20 providers) and resources. (Shared with one other firm.)
6. Established in 1988, the Morningstar Fund Manager of the Year award recognizes portfolio managers who demonstrate excellent investment skill and the courage to differ from the consensus to benefit investors. To qualify for the award, managers' funds must have not only posted impressive returns for the year, but the managers also must have a record of delivering outstanding long-term risk-adjusted performance and of aligning their interests with shareholders'. Managers' funds must currently have a of Gold or Silver over the past 12 months.
7. Dynatrace 2016 Digital Experience Report: Best of the Web provides a comparative performance assessment for the largest companies across six major industries: banking, brokerage, insurance, media, retail, and travel. The report evaluates each company’s digital experience delivery throughout 2015. When Dynatrace used a trade quote to assess transaction performance and speed, Fidelity emerged as the clear leader across all industries. We beat the competition for brokerage website and mobile load time, availability, and consistency.
8. Fidelity won 22 2018 U.S. Lipper Fund Awards, which honor fund management firms and individual mutual funds that have outperformed peers based on risk-adjusted, consistent return. Lipper determined the award winners by calculating the highest Consistent Return over the 3-, 5-, and 10-year periods ended 11/30/17. The Consistent Return measure takes into account both short- and long-term risk-adjusted performance relative to fund classification. In total, 18 Fidelity mutual funds won 22 awards. See our 2/28/18 press release for a list of winning funds and details on the Lipper Rating System. Fidelity Investments and Lipper are not affiliated. The third-party trademarks and service marks appearing herein are the property of their respective owners. From Thomson Reuters Lipper Awards, © 2018 Thomson Reuters. All rights reserved. Used by permission and protected by the copyright laws of the United States. The printing, copying, redistribution, or retransmission of this content without express written permission is prohibited.
9. Reviews.com, July 2016. Industry review of 8 leading online trading sites. Fidelity earned a perfect score in categories from customer support to investment education. Read the full article
The third-party trademarks and service marks appearing herein are the property of their respective owners.