1. Barron's, March 19, 2016 Online Broker Survey. Fidelity was evaluated against 15 others and earned the top overall score of 34.9 out of a possible 40. The firm was also named best online broker for Long-Term Investing (shared with 1 other), Best for Novices (shared with 1 other), and best for In-Person Service (shared with 4 others). Fidelity was also ranked 1st in the following categories "Trading Experience and Technology", "Range of Offerings" (tied with 1 other firm), and "Customer Service, Education and Security". Overall ranking based on unweighted ratings in the following categories: trading experience and technology, usability, mobile, range of offerings, research amenities, portfolio analysis and reports, customer services and education, and costs.
2. Investor's Business Daily (IBD), January 2015 and 2016 Best Online Brokers Special Reports. January 2015: Fidelity ranked in the top five in 9 out of 11 categories—more than any other competitor. Fidelity was named first in Research Tools, Investment Research, Portfolio Analysis and Reports, and Educational Resources. January 2016: Fidelity ranked in the top five in 10 out of 12 categories. Fidelity was named first in Trade Reliability, Research Tools, Investment Research, Portfolio Analysis and Reports, and Educational Resources. Results for both reports were based on having the highest Customer Experience Index within the categories composing the surveys, as scored by more than 9,000 visitors to the IBD website.
February 16, 2016: Fidelity was ranked No. 1 overall out of 13 online brokers evaluated in the StockBrokers.com 2016 Online Broker Review. Fidelity was also rated No. 1 in several categories, including Order Execution, International Trading, and Email Support, and named Best in Class for Offering of Investments, Research, Customer Service, Investor Education, Mobile Trading, Banking, Order Execution, Active Trading, Options Trading, and New Investors. Read the full article.
Results based on ratings in the following categories: total commissions, investment choices, tools, research, website, mobile, and advisory services. Criteria not equally weighted. In 2014, Fidelity tied for #1 with Charles Schwab in a survey that ranked 10 leading discount brokers. In 2011, Fidelity tied with TD Ameritrade among 14 discount brokers, was #1 in November 2008 among 12 discount brokers, and tied for #1 with Muriel Siebert in 2007 among 10 discount brokers.
5. Dynatrace 2016 Digital Experience Report: Best of the Web provides a comparative performance assessment for the largest companies across six major industries: banking, brokerage, insurance, media, retail, and travel. The report evaluates each company’s digital experience delivery throughout 2015. When Dynatrace used a trade quote to assess transaction performance and speed, Fidelity emerged as the clear leader across all industries. We beat the competition for brokerage website and mobile load time, availability, and consistency.
6. Corporate Insight's annual 2015 Monitor Awards recognized Fidelity with a Gold Medal for Mobile Apps – the inaugural year for this category by providing excellent account details and diverse functionalities across its mobile site and iPhone, iPad, Apple Watch and Android apps. 18 firms were evaluated for Account Information, Trading, research and quote capabilities, cash management options, authentication features, and design and navigation. In the Mobile Apps category, two firms won Gold for providing elite mobile research and trading capabilities, as well as extensive account information; one won Silver and another won Bronze.
7. 2015 Temkin Experience Rating, January 2015. Fidelity was rated among 13 other companies within the investment firm category. Rating was based on consumer feedback of their recent interactions with companies. The overall Temkin Experience Rating is an average of Success, Effort and Emotion percentages on a 7 point-scale. For each component, they take the percentage of consumers that gave a rating of 6 or 7 and subtract the percentage that gave a rating of 1, 2, or 3 ©2015 Temkin Group; www.TemkinRatings.com. Fidelity Investments and Temkin Ratings are not affiliated.
8. 5th Annual Plutus Award 2014
9. Kiplinger's Magazine, April 2015. Industry review of 25 no-load mutual funds. Results based on seasoned managers, a proven track record, and low fees.
10. Fidelity won nineteen of the 2015 U.S. Lipper Fund Awards, which honor fund management firms and individual mutual funds that have outperformed peers based on risk-adjusted, consistent return. Lipper designates award-winning funds in most individual classifications for the 3-, 5-, and 10-year periods. In total, 16 Fidelity mutual funds won 19 awards. See our press release for a list of winning funds and details on the Lipper Rating System. Fidelity Investments and Lipper are not affiliated.
The third-party trademarks and service marks appearing herein are the property of their respective owners.
Cerulli Associates’ The Cerulli Edge®—Retirement Edition, Q4 2015, based on an industry survey of firms reporting total IRA assets administered for Q3 2015.