1. Established in 1988, the Morningstar Fund Manager of the Year award recognizes portfolio managers who demonstrate excellent investment skill and the courage to differ from the consensus to benefit investors. To qualify for the award, managers' funds must have not only posted impressive returns for the year, but the managers also must have a record of delivering outstanding long-term risk-adjusted performance and of aligning their interests with shareholders'. Nominated funds must be Morningstar Medalists—a fund that has garnered a Morningstar Analyst RatingTM of Gold, Silver, or Bronze. The Fund Manager of the Year winners are chosen based on Morningstar's proprietary research and an in-depth evaluation by its manager research analyst team. The Morningstar Analyst Rating is a subjective, forward-looking evaluation that considers a combination of qualitative and quantitative factors to rate funds on five key pillars: process, performance, people, parent, and price. Gold is the highest of four Analyst Rating categories. For the full rating methodology, go to Corporate.Morningstar.com/us/documents/MethodologyDocuments/AnalystRatingforFundsMethodology.pdf
2. Kiplinger's, August 2016. Online Broker Survey. Fidelity was ranked No. 1 overall out of 7 online brokers. Results based on ratings in the following categories: Commissions and Fees, Breadth of Investment Choices, Tools, Research, Ease of Use, Mobile, and Advisory.
3. Barron's, March 20, 2017 and March 19, 2016 Online Broker Surveys. 2017: Fidelity was evaluated against 15 others and earned the top overall score of 35.6 out of a possible 40. The firm was also named best online broker for Long-Term Investing (shared with 2 others), Best for Novices (shared with 1 other), and Best for Investor Education (shared with 2 others). Fidelity was also ranked 1st in the following categories: Trading Experience & Technology (shared with 2 others), Mobile (shared with 1 other), Research Amenities, and Portfolio Analysis and Reports (shared with 2 others). 2016: Fidelity was evaluated against 15 others and earned the top overall score of 34.9 out of a possible 40.0. Fidelity was also named Best Online Broker for Long-Term Investing (shared with one other), Best for Novices (shared with one other), and Best for In-Person Service (shared with four others), and was ranked first in the following categories: trading technology; range of offerings (tied with one other firm); and customer service, education, and security. Overall ranking for both years based on unweighted ratings in the following categories: trading experience & technology; usability; mobile; range of offerings; research amenities; portfolio analysis and reports; customer service, education, and security; and costs.
4. Investor's Business Daily® (IBD), January 2015, 2016 and 2017: Best Online Brokers Special Report. January 2015: Fidelity ranked in the top five in 9 out of 11 categories. Fidelity was named first in Research Tools, Investment Research, Portfolio Analysis and Reports, and Educational Resources. January 2016: Fidelity ranked in the top five in 10 out of 12 categories. Fidelity was named first in Trade Reliability, Research Tools, Investment Research, Portfolio Analysis and Reports, and Educational Resources. January 2017: Fidelity ranked in the top two in all 13 categories. Fidelity was named first in Research Tools, Portfolio Analysis and Reports, Investment Research, Educational Resources, and Planning Tools. Results in 2017 were based on having the highest Customer Experience Index within the categories composing the survey, as scored by more than 4,752 respondents in the survey conducted by Investor’s Business Daily’s polling partner, TechnoMetrica Market Intelligence. © Investor's Business Daily, Inc. All rights reserved.
5. StockBrokers.com 2017 Online Broker Review, February 21, 2017: Fidelity was named Best in Class for Research, Ease of Use, and Order Execution out of 16 online brokers evaluated. Read the full article. February 16, 2016: Fidelity was ranked No. 1 overall out of 13 online brokers evaluated in the StockBrokers.com 2016 Online Broker Review. Fidelity was also rated No. 1 in several categories, including Order Execution, International Trading, and Email Support, and named Best in Class for Offering of Investments, Research, Customer Service, Investor Education, Mobile Trading, Banking, Order Execution, Active Trading, Options Trading, and New Investors. Read the full article.
6. Reviews.com, July 2016. Industry review of 8 leading online trading sites. Fidelity earned a perfect score in categories from customer support to investment education. Read the full article
7. Dynatrace 2016 Digital Experience Report: Best of the Web provides a comparative performance assessment for the largest companies across six major industries: banking, brokerage, insurance, media, retail, and travel. The report evaluates each company’s digital experience delivery throughout 2015. When Dynatrace used a trade quote to assess transaction performance and speed, Fidelity emerged as the clear leader across all industries. We beat the competition for brokerage website and mobile load time, availability, and consistency.
8. Corporate Insight, January 2017. Corporate Insight's annual 2016 e - Monitor Awards recognized Fidelity's online brokerage offering with a Gold Medal for Account Information, Quotes, and Prospect Experience. 19 firms were evaluated on six distinct categories: Account Information, Quotes, Trading, Online Help, Prospect Experience, and Mobile Capabilities. A Gold Medal is awarded to those firms that offer products, tools or website features that are innovative and extensive, meeting or exceeding all of the criteria established in each category which may have numerous Gold Medal winners.
9. Corporate Insight's annual 2015 Monitor Awards recognized Fidelity with a Gold Medal for Mobile Apps – the inaugural year for this category by providing excellent account details and diverse functionalities across its mobile site and iPhone, iPad, Apple Watch and Android apps. 18 firms were evaluated for Account Information, Trading, research and quote capabilities, cash management options, authentication features, and design and navigation. In the Mobile Apps category, two firms won Gold for providing elite mobile research and trading capabilities, as well as extensive account information; one won Silver and another won Bronze.
10. Kiplinger's Magazine, April 2015. Industry review of 25 no-load mutual funds. Results based on seasoned managers, a proven track record, and low fees.
11. Fidelity won nineteen of the 2015 U.S. Lipper Fund Awards, which honor fund management firms and individual mutual funds that have outperformed peers based on risk-adjusted, consistent return. Lipper designates award-winning funds in most individual classifications for the 3-, 5-, and 10-year periods. In total, 16 Fidelity mutual funds won 19 awards. See our press release for a list of winning funds and details on the Lipper Rating System. Fidelity Investments and Lipper are not affiliated.
The third-party trademarks and service marks appearing herein are the property of their respective owners.
12. NerdWallet.com, January 2017. In 2016, NerdWallet, an online media publisher, conducted an industry review of 20 online trading sites. Fidelity was recognized as one of the best online brokers for research tools (offerings from Fidelity and more than 20 providers) and resources. (Shared with one other firm.)