Before investing, consider the investment objectives, risks, charges, and expenses of the variable annuity and its investment options. Contact Fidelity for a prospectus or, if available, a summary prospectus containing this information. Read it carefully.
Investing in a variable annuity involves risk of loss—investment returns and contract value are not guaranteed and will fluctuate.
Withdrawals of taxable amounts from an annuity are subject to ordinary income tax, and, if taken before age 59½, may be subject to a 10% IRS penalty.
Neither diversification nor asset allocation ensures a profit or guarantees against loss in a declining market.
1. Morningstar ratings are based on a fund's risk-adjusted returns. The top 10% of funds in each broad asset class receive 5 stars, the next 22.5% receive 4 stars, the next 35% receive 3 stars, the next 22.5% receive 2 stars, and the bottom 10% receive 1 star. Past performance is no guarantee of future results.
2. Placement is based on each fund's Morningstar Category as of 09/01/2022. While the prospectus objective identifies a fund's investment goals based on the wording in the fund prospectus, the Morningstar Category classifies funds based on their investment styles as measured by their underlying portfolio holdings (portfolio statistics and compositions over the past three years). If the fund is new and has no portfolio, Morningstar estimates where it will fall before assigning a more permanent category. When necessary, Morningstar may change a category assignment based on current information.
3. Formerly known as Morgan Stanley Global Tactical Asset Allocation.
4. Changes in real estate values or economic conditions can have a positive or negative effect on issuers in the real estate industry, which may affect the fund. Non-diversified funds that focus on a relatively small number of stocks tend to be more volatile than diversified funds and the market as a whole.
5. Lower quality bonds can be more volatile and have greater risk of default than higher quality bonds. Floating rate loans may not be fully collateralized and therefore may decline significantly in value.
6. You could lose money by investing in the Fidelity VIP Government Money Market Portfolio. Although the fund seeks to preserve the value of the investment at $1.00 per share, it cannot guarantee it will do so. An investment in the fund is not insured or guaranteed by the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation or any other government agency. Fidelity Investments and its affiliates, the fund's sponsor, have no legal obligation to provide financial support to the fund, and you should not expect that the sponsor will provide financial support to the fund at any time.
The fund will not impose a fee upon the sale of its shares, nor temporarily suspend the ability to sell shares if the fund's weekly liquid assets fall below 30% of its total assets because of market conditions or other factors.
Bond funds entail interest rate risk (as interest rates rise, bond prices usually fall, and vice versa), the risk of issuer default, issuer credit risk, and inflation risk. Lower-quality bonds can be more volatile and have greater risk of default than higher-quality bonds.
Foreign securities are subject to interest rate, currency exchange rate, economic, and political risks, all of which are magnified in emerging markets.
VIP refers to Variable Insurance Products.
VIT refers to Variable Insurance Trust.
© 2016 Morningstar, Inc. All rights reserved. The Morningstar information contained herein: (1) is proprietary to Morningstar and/or its content providers; (2) may not be copied or redistributed; and (3) is not warranted to be accurate, complete or timely. Neither Morningstar nor its content providers are responsible for any damages or losses arising from any use of this information. Fidelity does not review the Morningstar data.
Fidelity Personal Retirement Annuity (Policy Form No. DVA-2005, et al.) is issued by Fidelity Investments Life Insurance Company (FILI), 900 Salem Street, Smithfield, RI 02917, and, for New York residents, Personal Retirement Annuity (Policy Form No. EDVA-2005, et al.) is issued by Empire Fidelity Investments Life Insurance Company®, New York, N.Y. FILI is licensed in all states except New York. Fidelity Brokerage Services, Member NYSE, SIPC, and Fidelity Insurance Agency, Inc., are the distributors. A contract's financial guarantees are subject to the claims-paying ability of the issuing insurance company.
Fidelity Brokerage Services LLC, Member NYSE, SIPC
, 900 Salem Street, Smithfield, RI 02917