1. Guarantees are subject to the claims-paying ability of the issuing insurance company.
2. Premiums may be higher if paid on a semi annual, quarterly or monthly basis.
3. Paying a single premium will likely cause the policy to become a Modified Endowment Contract (MEC), resulting in less favorable income tax treatment and the potential for tax penalties on loans and withdrawals.
4. Subject to state approval and available at an additional cost.
5. Ratings are for Massachusetts Mutual Life Insurance Company and its subsidiaries, C.M. Life Insurance Company and MML Bay State Life Insurance Company and are current as of May 3, 2017. Financial strength ratings are opinions from independent rating agencies of an insurer's financial strength and ability to pay its insurance policies and contract obligations. They are not recommendations to purchase, hold, or terminate any insurance policy or contract issued by an insurer, nor do they address the suitability of any particular policy or contract for a specific purpose or purchaser. Ratings range from A++ to F for A.M. Best ratings, and AAA to CC for Standard & Poor's ratings, and are subject to change. For the latest ratings access and .
The decision to purchase life insurance should be based on long-term financial goals and the need for a death benefit. Life insurance is not an appropriate vehicle for short-term savings or short-term investment strategies. Generally, early surrender charges apply for the first twenty years of the policy. Those charges may decrease the value of the policy substantially depending on how early the policy, or any portion of it, is surrendered or accessed. While the policy allows for access to the account value in the short-term, through loans and withdrawals, there are costs and risks associated with those transactions. There may be little to no account value available for loans and withdrawals.
The information provided is not written or intended as specific tax or legal advice and may not be relied on for purposes of avoiding any Federal tax penalties. Individuals are encouraged to seek advice from their own tax or legal counsel.
Universal Life Guard (policy form P8-2005 and P8-2005-NC in North Carolina) and SUL Guard (policy form P9-2005 and P9-2005 NC in North Carolina) are participating, interest sensitive, universal life insurance products. Dividends are not expected to be paid. UL Guard and SUL Guard are issued by Massachusetts Mutual Life Insurance Company.
Universal Life products available at Fidelity are issued by third-party insurance companies, which are not affiliated with any Fidelity Investments company. These products are distributed by Fidelity Insurance Agency, Inc. A contract's financial guarantees are solely the responsibility of and are subject to the claims-paying ability of the issuing insurance company.