How to Update Your Employment Status
Have you recently had a change in your employment status? If so, you'll need to update the employment information in your account profile.
What do I need to know?
- You can change your employment status any time on the Employment InformationLog In Required page. After logging in, choose the appropriate employment description from the menu.
- If you're an associated person, you may be required to obtain written consent from your employer to maintain an outside account. Your employer may also require copies of trade confirmations, statements, or the transactional data contained within them.
How to determine if you're an associated person:
You, or an immediate family member residing in the same household, are employed by or associated with a broker-dealer, stock exchange, exchange member firm, the Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA), a municipal securities dealer, or other financial institution. You'll be required to provide Fidelity with the company's name and address.
- If you, or an immediate family/household member, are a control person of a publicly traded company under SEC Rule 144 (such as director, 10% shareholder, policymaking officer, or member of the board of directors), you'll be asked to supply additional information.
What to expect
- Associated persons are required to update their employment status online. This information can no longer be updated over the phone.
- If you live outside the United States or at a military address, please call Fidelity at 800-343-3548 to update general employment information. If you, or an immediate family member residing in the same household, are also an associated person, you'll be required to mail Fidelity a letter of instruction to update your employment status. This information can't be updated online.
Virtual Assistant is Fidelity's automated natural language search engine to help you find information on the Fidelity.com site. As with any search engine, we ask that you not input personal or account information. Information that you input is not stored or reviewed for any purpose other than to provide search results and to help provide analytics to improve the search results. For account servicing requests, you may send our customer service team a secure, encrypted message once you have logged in to our website. Responses provided by the Virtual Assistant are to help you navigate Fidelity.com and, as with any Internet search engine, you should review the results carefully. Fidelity does not guarantee accuracy of results or suitability of information provided.