How to Authorize Fidelity to Send Account Activity to an Employer
If you're required to provide your employer with your account activity, you can authorize Fidelity to send this information automatically with just a few simple steps.
Why does my employer need to see my account activity?
Investment advisory firms, hedge funds, ratings agencies, or certain accounting and law firms are often required to monitor their employees' trading and account activity for compliance purposes. To meet this requirement, your employer asks Fidelity to send them your account activity. We take every precaution to protect your privacy, which is why you will have an opportunity to see and confirm the information we're sharing with your employer.
Watch this brief video to learn more about completing the online consent process.
What do I need to know?
You should have received a notification from your employer asking you to log in to your Fidelity account to complete the online consent process.
- As soon as you log in, you'll see a link asking you to complete the consent steps.
- You can choose to complete the consent steps at that time or later.
- If you select Complete the Consent Form, you'll see a page asking you to review and confirm the information.
- If the information is correct and you agree to it, check the appropriate box and then select Submit.
- You'll see a Thank You page. You can print a copy of your consent information if you choose.
What to expect
- It just takes a few minutes to complete the online consent process.
- After you've submitted the consent form, it takes 1–2 business days to update the information.
- After that, we'll start sending your account and trading activity to your employer. There's nothing more for you to do!
- If you have questions, please call our Designated Brokerage Service team at 877-612-2047.
Please wait while Fidelity's Virtual Assistant loads.