How to Authorize Fidelity to Send Account Activity to an Employer
If you're required to provide your employer with your account activity, you can authorize Fidelity to send this information automatically with just a few simple steps.
Why does my employer need to see my account activity?
Investment advisory firms, hedge funds, ratings agencies, or certain accounting and law firms are often required to monitor their employees' trading and account activity for compliance purposes. To meet this requirement, your employer asks Fidelity to send them your account activity. We take every precaution to protect your privacy, which is why you will have an opportunity to see and confirm the information we're sharing with your employer.
What do I need to know?
You should have received a notification from your employer asking you to log in to your Fidelity account to complete the online consent process.
- As soon as you log in, you'll see a link asking you to complete the consent steps.
- You can choose to complete the consent steps at that time or later.
- If you select Complete the Consent Form, you'll see a page asking you to review and confirm the information.
- If the information is correct and you agree to it, check the appropriate box and then select Submit.
- You'll see a Thank You page. You can print a copy of your consent information if you choose.
What to expect
- It just takes a few minutes to complete the online consent process.
- After you've submitted the consent form, it takes 1–2 business days to update the information.
- After that, we'll start sending your account and trading activity to your employer. There's nothing more for you to do!
- If you have questions, please call our Designated Brokerage Service team at 877-612-2047.
Virtual Assistant is Fidelity's automated natural language search engine to help you find information on the Fidelity.com site. As with any search engine, we ask that you not input personal or account information. Information that you input is not stored or reviewed for any purpose other than to provide search results and to help provide analytics to improve the search results. For account servicing requests, you may send our customer service team a secure, encrypted message once you have logged in to our website. Responses provided by the Virtual Assistant are to help you navigate Fidelity.com and, as with any Internet search engine, you should review the results carefully. Fidelity does not guarantee accuracy of results or suitability of information provided.