How to Request Duplicate Statements
When it comes to managing money, two heads are usually better than one. If you'd like duplicate statements for your accounts sent on a regular basis to non-account owners, such as your accountant, a financial advisor, or a trusted family member, you can add those people online.
Why would I request duplicate statements?
Sending duplicate statements to a third party not associated with your account (referred to as an "interested party") is a simple way of ensuring this person has a consistent snapshot of your account activity, without granting additional access to your account. Your duplicate statement is made available at the same time as your statement, so you'll know exactly what that person is seeing and can work together to build a strategy that's right for you.
What do I need to know?
- On the Duplicate Statements page, choose the accounts you would like to include in your duplicate statement and select Continue.
- Under Interested Party, choose whether you would like to add a new interested party or remove an existing one. Select Continue.
- You will need to provide the full name and mailing address for the person to whom you are sending a statement, as well as select whether you would like to grant online access to the statement.
Note: If you want to grant online access, you will need to provide the interested party's full Social Security or tax identification number and he or she must be a Fidelity customer.
- Indicate which types of documents you would like the party to receive (statements, trade confirmations, or both). Select Continue.
- Review the information you've provided and then check "I Agree" below the recipient information. Select Submit.
- You will see a confirmation page with a confirmation number, as well as some next steps.
Note: To add additional interested parties, select Add Another Individual to go through the steps again.
You can request duplicate statements for annuities in writing by using the Duplicate Statement Request – Annuities form (PDF).
You can either drop off the form at a branch or mail it to us at this address:
PO Box 770001
Cincinnati, OH 45277-0002
Note: For annuities, use the ZIP + 0050; New York annuity customers should use the ZIP + 0051.
What to expect
- It typically takes three business days to process your duplicate statements request.
- You will either receive an email notification in 1–2 business days or a confirmation by U.S. Mail in 3–5 business days, depending on your delivery preferences.
- Duplicate statements are sent to your interested party beginning with your next statement.
- If you've granted online access, the statements are available to your interested party at the same time you access them.
- We do not send past statements to your interested party.