How to Complete a Corporate Resolution
If you're setting up a business account or making changes to your existing business account, you'll need to complete a corporate resolution.
Why do I need to complete a corporate resolution?
A corporate resolution tells us who is authorized to act on behalf of a company to open a brokerage account, place orders on the account, and execute documents needed for the account (e.g., requests to add account features like margin or options). It's important that the information we have about these individuals is up-to-date. Each time you add or remove one of these authorized individuals, you'll need to complete a new corporate resolution.
What do I need to know?
When you fill in the corporate resolution, you'll need to have on hand:
- Your Fidelity business account number, taxpayer ID number, and the business's legal address and mailing address (if different from the legal address).
- Each authorized individual's Social Security number, date of birth, citizenship, mailing address, income sources, and associations.
The corporate resolution must include the signature of the corporate officer and the corporate seal or the articles of incorporation. In addition, each time a change is made to add an authorized individual:
- If you have checkwriting on the account, you must include a new Checkwriting form (PDF) with the signatures of everyone who is entitled to write checks from the account.
If your account has options trading, you'll need to complete and submit a new Options Application (PDF).
Note: If you're removing an authorized individual, you need to submit a new corporate resolution that includes all of the above information without the name and information for the person you're removing.
What to expect
After you've completed the corporate resolution, send it and any additional forms or attachments you might have to Fidelity at this address:
PO Box 770001
Cincinnati, OH 45277-0002
100 Crosby Parkway KC1K
Covington, KY 41015
- After we receive your request, it generally takes 3 business days to update your account with the new corporate resolution information.
- You will receive an email notification within 1–2 business days or a mailed confirmation within 3–5 business days.
Please wait while Fidelity's Virtual Assistant loads.