How to Deposit a Check Into Your Account
It's easy to deposit a check using your mobile device, but perhaps you find it more convenient to mail your check or drop it off at a Fidelity branch. Simply choose the method that works best for you.
What do I need to know?
For mobile deposits:
- Find the right app for your device by visiting our Fidelity Mobile® Apps page.
- After you download the app, follow the instructions on the Mobile Check Deposit page.
- While you don't need to mail the check to us, you may want to keep it for your records.
Note: Mobile check deposit is not available for deposits into standalone mutual fund accounts, Keoghs, non-prototypes, self-employed 401(k)s, estates, guardianships, and conservatorships.
For mailed deposits:
- You can find complete instructions on the Deposit a Check by Mail page.
- Endorse the check and indicate the account number you want credited.
- For IRA contributions, please add the contribution year in the check's memo field.
For branch deposits:
- You can go to any branch; it doesn't have to be your local office. Find an Investor Center near you.
- Make sure you know the hours the branch is open.
- All checks must be received by 3:59 p.m. ET to be credited that day.
What to expect
Regardless of how you make a deposit, your check's collection time depends on the date we receive and credit your check. When your check is credited to your account, we’ll send you a confirmation by email or U.S. Mail, depending on your delivery preferences.
You can review the date your money is available by logging on to Fidelity.com:
- Select Accounts & Trade, Cash Management to see your Manage Money & Payments page, or
- Go to your Portfolio page and view your Account Balances.
Note: Your deposit into a Fidelity mutual fund starts earning dividends or interest on the first business day after the purchase date. For example, checks credited on Friday begin earning dividends or interest on Monday.
Virtual Assistant is Fidelity's automated natural language search engine to help you find information on the Fidelity.com site. As with any search engine, we ask that you not input personal or account information. Information that you input is not stored or reviewed for any purpose other than to provide search results and to help provide analytics to improve the search results. For account servicing requests, you may send our customer service team a secure, encrypted message once you have logged in to our website. Responses provided by the virtual assistant are to help you navigate Fidelity.com and, as with any Internet search engine, you should review the results carefully. Fidelity does not guarantee accuracy of results or suitability of information provided.