Required minimum distributions (RMDs) are yearly withdrawals from your retirement account that begin the year you turn 70½. Here are a few steps to help you prepare. Download the checklist (PDF)
- Find out your deadline for taking RMDs by watching Fidelity.com/RMDvideo
- See your estimated RMD and track your distributions each year at Fidelity.com/RMDLog In Required
- Set up electronic funds transfer (EFT) so that you can easily withdraw your money when you're ready by visiting Fidelity.com/addbankLog In Required
- Set up automatic withdrawals on a monthly, quarterly, annual, or custom schedule. We will automatically calculate and withdraw your RMDs on your own schedule at Fidelity.com/autoRMDLog In Required
- Review and update your beneficiaries at Fidelity.com/beneficiary
- Annually assess your retirement income strategy; call us if you need help 800-343-3548
Looking for more information?
- See what rules apply to your account and take your RMD by visiting Fidelity.com/RMD
- Learn more about RMDs Traditional IRAs at Fidelity.com/LearnRMD
- Get more information on how a Fidelity Cash Management Account can help get your money faster by visiting Fidelity.com/FCMA
Next steps to consider
Get started today by withdrawing your RMD from your Fidelity IRA.
Let us help you take the guesswork out of managing your RMDs.
Learn how they work, the basic calculation, and how Fidelity can help you manage your RMDs.