Are you wanting to help but not sure how?
It's easy and convenient
Consider a financial gift, or buying a gift card, to a local business that you visit frequently or that you think could benefit most from your support. Have their address handy and you're ready to begin.
Give a gift today
- Log in to Fidelity BillPayLog In Required. If you're not set up with BillPay, it takes about a minute to enrollLog In Required.
- On the top black navigation bar, select Pay Bills, and complete the required information. When adding payee information, instead of entering the small business phone number, select Add Payee Manually.
- Use Check Memo to add a message (e.g., "COVID-19 community support" or "Miss your coffee").
- A check will be mailed to the business address you shared. As they probably don't receive checks regularly, perhaps give them a heads up.
Buy a gift card for tomorrow
- Visit Give & Get Local, powered by Square.*
- Enter the address or city of the community or business you want to support.
- Select the business you're supporting. If it's not listed, they may not use Square, so consider reaching out directly to the business.
- Complete your purchase.
PayPal® can also be used easily. Log in to Fidelity.comLog In Required.
Have the email address or phone number of the small business handy. From the top black navigation bar, select Transfer, then Send money with PayPal.
Frequently asked questions
How does this differ from a charitable contribution?
These are not charitable contributions. Charitable contributions are made to qualified tax exempt organizations, which is not a category a local business would typically fall under. As such, these are not charitable gifts, but a way for patrons to show their support for local businesses, particularly for small businesses that desperately need support during these unprecedented times.
Is there a fee applied with these contributions?
No. There are no service fees applied with these gifts.
What if I don't have BillPay set up on my account?
You can easily add the feature to an account on Fidelity.com by selecting BillPay from the Accounts & Trade tab and then enrolling in to an eligible brokerage or cash management account.
How long will it take for my gift to be processed and/or arrive?
BillPay checks are set to arrive by the Deliver By date, which defaults to 3–4 business days from the current date, unless a later date is specified.
PayPal® transactions are processed according to the funding source (e.g., debit card, credit card, bank, or Fidelity account), but it should not take more than a couple of days.
Square gift cards are delivered instantly to the email address provided.
Will Fidelity introduce additional options to help your community?
We are considering that at this point and will let you know when and if other options become available.
If making a donation, should I expect that the small businesses reimburse me or provide goods and services of an equivalent amount?
While this may in fact be the case after this crisis has passed, there really cannot be a guarantee the businesses in question will reciprocate in such a manner. Instead, you should view this as a way to show your support for local businesses during a time of need.