Sell orders are subject to an activity assessment fee (from $0.01 to $0.03 per $1,000 of principal). Trades are limited to online domestic equities and options and must be used within 180 days. Options trades are limited to 20 contracts per trade. Offer valid for new and existing Fidelity customers opening or adding to an eligible Fidelity IRA or Fidelity brokerage retail account. Accounts receiving $50,000 or more will receive 300 free trades. Account balance of $50,000 must be maintained for at least 9 months; otherwise, normal commission schedule rates may be retroactively applied to any free trade executions. See Fidelity.com/ATP300free for further details.
2. Kiplinger's, August 2016. Online Broker Survey. Fidelity was ranked No. 1 overall out of 7 online brokers. Results based on ratings in the following categories: Commissions and Fees, Breadth of Investment Choices, Tools, Research, Ease of Use, Mobile, and Advisory.
3. Barron's, March 19, 2016 Online Broker Survey. Fidelity was evaluated against 15 others and earned the top overall score of 34.9 out of a possible 40. The firm was also named best online broker for Long-Term Investing (shared with 1 other), Best for Novices (shared with 1 other), and best for In-Person Service (shared with 4 others). Fidelity was also ranked 1st in the following categories "Trading Experience and Technology", "Range of Offerings" (tied with 1 other firm), and "Customer Service, Education and Security". Overall ranking based on unweighted ratings in the following categories: trading experience and technology, usability, mobile, range of offerings, research amenities, portfolio analysis and reports, customer services and education, and costs.
4. Investor's Business Daily (IBD), January 2015 and 2016 Best Online Brokers Special Reports. January 2015: Fidelity ranked in the top five in 9 out of 11 categories—more than any other competitor. Fidelity was named first in Research Tools, Investment Research, Portfolio Analysis and Reports, and Educational Resources. January 2016: Fidelity ranked in the top five in 10 out of 12 categories. Fidelity was named first in Trade Reliability, Research Tools, Investment Research, Portfolio Analysis and Reports, and Educational Resources. Results for both reports were based on having the highest Customer Experience Index within the categories composing the surveys, as scored by more than 9,000 visitors to the IBD website.
February 16, 2016: Fidelity was ranked No. 1 overall out of 13 online brokers evaluated in the StockBrokers.com 2016 Online Broker Review. Fidelity was also rated No. 1 in several categories, including Order Execution, International Trading, and Email Support, and named Best in Class for Offering of Investments, Research, Customer Service, Investor Education, Mobile Trading, Banking, Order Execution, Active Trading, Options Trading, and New Investors. Read the full article.
6. Reviews.com, July 2016. Industry review of 8 leading online trading sites. Fidelity earned a perfect score in categories from customer support to investment education.
7. Corporate Insight, January 2017. Corporate Insight's annual 2016 e-Monitor Awards recognized Fidelity's online brokerage offering with a Gold Medal for Account Information, Quotes, and Prospect Experience. 19 firms were evaluated on six distinct categories: Account Information, Quotes, Trading, Online Help, Prospect Experience, and Mobile Capabilities. A Gold Medal is awarded to those firms that offer products, tools or website features that are innovative and extensive, meeting or exceeding all of the criteria established in each category which may have numerous Gold Medal winners.
8. Dynatrace 2016 Digital Experience Report: Best of the Web provides a comparative performance assessment for the largest companies across six major industries: banking, brokerage, insurance, media, retail, and travel. The report evaluates each company’s digital experience delivery throughout 2015. When Dynatrace used a trade quote to assess transaction performance and speed, Fidelity emerged as the clear leader across all industries.
9. NerdWallet.com, January 2017. In 2016, NerdWallet, an online media publisher, conducted an industry review of 20 online trading sites. Fidelity was recognized as one of the best online brokers for research tools (offerings from Fidelity and more than 20 providers) and resources. (Shared with one other firm.)