Options trading entails significant risk and is not appropriate for all investors. Certain complex options strategies carry additional risk. Before trading options, please read
, and call 800-544-5115 to be approved for options trading. Supporting documentation for any claims, if applicable, will be furnished upon request.
1. $7.95 commission applies to online U.S. equity trades in a Fidelity account with a minimum opening balance of $2,500 for Fidelity Brokerage Services LLC retail clients. Sell orders are subject to an activity assessment fee (of between $0.01 to $0.03 per $1000 of principal). Other conditions may apply. See Fidelity.com/commissions
2. TD Ameritrade for online U.S. equity trades. For E*Trade: $9.99 per trade for 0-149, $7.99 per trade for 150 to 1,499 and $6.99 per trade for 1,500 or more trades per quarter. For Schwab: $8.95 for up to 999,999 shares per trade, though orders of 10,000 or more shares or greater than $500,000 may be eligible for special pricing. For TD Ameritrade: $9.99 per market or limit order trade for an unlimited amount of shares.
3. To compare brokers, Barron's composed a score that reflects how much of a broker's flow it sends to the best-performing market makers including Citadel Securities, UBS, Two Sigma Securities, KCG Holdings, Susquehanna International Group and Citigroup's Automated Trading Desk using a volume-weighted mean for market orders of all reported sizes for both S&P 500 and Non-S&P 500 securities. Broker scores are based on the overall execution quality of market makers for Q4 2014 routing of market orders for both NYSE and Nasdaq stocks using the market makers' effective spread to quoted spread (E/Q).
4. Barron's, March 19, 2016 Online Broker Survey. Fidelity was evaluated against 15 others and earned the top overall score of 34.9 out of a possible 40. The firm was also named best online broker for Long-Term Investing (shared with 1 other), Best for Novices (shared with 1 other), and best for In-Person Service (shared with 4 others). Fidelity was also ranked 1st in the following categories "Trading Experience and Technology", "Range of Offerings" (tied with 1 other firm), and "Customer Service, Education and Security". Overall ranking based on unweighted ratings in the following categories: trading experience and technology, usability, mobile, range of offerings, research amenities, portfolio analysis and reports, customer services and education, and costs.
5. Investor's Business Daily (IBD), January 2015 and 2016 Best Online Brokers Special Reports. January 2015: Fidelity ranked in the top five in 9 out of 11 categories—more than any other competitor. Fidelity was named first in Research Tools, Investment Research, Portfolio Analysis and Reports, and Educational Resources. January 2016: Fidelity ranked in the top five in 10 out of 12 categories. Fidelity was named first in Trade Reliability, Research Tools, Investment Research, Portfolio Analysis and Reports, and Educational Resources. Results for both reports were based on having the highest Customer Experience Index within the categories composing the surveys, as scored by more than 9,000 visitors to the IBD website.
6. February 16, 2016: FFidelity was ranked #1 overall out of 13 online brokers evaluated in the StockBrokers.com Online Broker Review 2016. Fidelity was rated #1 overall and was also rated #1 in several categories, including "Order Execution," "International Trading," and "Email Support." Fidelity was also named Best in Class for "Offering of Investments," "Research," "Customer Service," "Education," " Mobile Trading," "Banking," "Order Execution," "Active Trading," "Options Trading," and "New Investors." .
Stock markets are volatile and can fluctuate significantly in response to company, industry, political, regulatory, market, or economic developments. Investing in stock involves risks, including the loss of principal.
Foreign investments involve greater risks than U.S. investments, including political and economic risks and the risk of currency fluctuations, all of which may be magnified in emerging markets.
There are risks associated with investing in a public offering, including unproven management, and established companies that may have substantial debt. As such, they may not be appropriate for every investor. Customers should read the offering prospectus carefully, and make their own determination of whether an investment in the offering is consistent with their investment objectives, financial situation, and risk tolerance.
Research is provided for informational purposes only, does not constitute advice or guidance, nor is it an endorsement or recommendation for any particular security or trading strategy. Research is provided by independent companies not affiliated with Fidelity. Please determine which security, product, or service is right for you based on your investment objectives, risk tolerance, and financial situation. Be sure to review your decisions periodically to make sure they are still consistent with your goals.
The Equity Summary Score is provided for informational purposes only, does not constitute advice or guidance, and is not an endorsement or recommendation for any particular security or trading strategy. The Equity Summary Score is provided by StarMine, an independent company not affiliated with Fidelity Investments. For more information and details, go to Fidelity.com.
System availability and response times may be subject to market conditions.
Before investing, consider the funds' investment objectives, risks, charges, and expenses. Contact Fidelity for a prospectus or, if available, a summary prospectus containing this information. Read it carefully.