What health and safety factors should I consider before scheduling an in-person appointment with my advisor?
If any of the situations below apply to you, we ask that you continue to meet with your advisor over the phone or by video, but not in-person:
- If you will not be comfortable wearing a mask for the duration of the meeting, which is typically 30 – 60 minutes.
- If you currently have a fever at or above 100.4, cough, sore throat, shortness of breath, new loss of taste or smell or any other COVID-19 OR flu like symptoms (nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, etc.
- If you're Confirmed or Presumed Positive for COVID-19.
- Confirmed Positive: If you have tested positive for COVID-19
- Presumed Positive: If you have a high likelihood of testing positive for COVID-19. Indications may include:
- Doctor presumed COVID-19 infection
- Doctor ordered COVID-19 testing
- Pending COVID-19 test results
- Emergency Room/Hospitalization
- If you've been in Close Contact with someone who is Confirmed or Presumed Positive for COVID-19 and have been advised to self-quarantine because I may have been exposed to someone with COVID-19.
- If you have recently traveled
- Work-related Travel: If you have traveled on an airplane domestically or internationally since March 16, 2020. The quarantine start date should be the first day back from your air travel
- Personal Travel: If you have traveled or a household member has traveled on an airplane domestically or internationally for personal/leisure purposes since March 16, 2020. The quarantine start date should be the first day back from your air travel
- If you or a member of your household meet any of the criteria for people who are at higher risk for severe illness, as specified by Center for Disease Control (CDC)
What safeguards are Fidelity following at my Investor Center to ensure the health and safety of its clients and employees?
The following safeguards are in place at all Fidelity locations, including this Investor Center:
- All employees must participate in safety screenings, including temperature checks, each day prior to entering the building
- Everyone will be required to wear a mask in our common and meeting areas during the duration of their visit. This is for the safety of our clients and employees
- Gloves: we will also have vinyl gloves available upon request
- Our Investor Center are professionally cleaned every day, with common areas being disinfected throughout the day and between meetings. Hand sanitizer will be provided to encourage an additional level of protection
- We ask that everyone in the Investor Center follow social distancing guidelines, keeping six feet or more from others.
In what ways will my appointment be different from the times I've met with my advisor before COVID-19?
Since your last in-person appointment with your advisor, there have been changes to our arrival and lobby experience, designed with your health and safety in mind.
- Please arrive no earlier than 5 minutes before your scheduled appointment time.
- When you arrive, you will check in verbally with a Fidelity associate live on a digital screen in the lobby and your advisor will then escort you from the lobby to the designated meeting area.
- We will have appropriately distanced lobby markers and along with protocols, have removed all reading materials and seating to reduce contact surfaces. Your time in the lobby should be extremely short, but please ask the attendant situated at the entrance for a chair if you need one.
- We can allow up to two people from the same household per meeting. If you would like to include additional family members or consultants, we can conference them in by phone or video.
- We are not currently serving coffee and have removed our snack & refreshment items; we have bottled water available upon request from your advisor.
- The lobby is sanitized throughout the day in addition to other common areas.
During your meeting, you and your advisor will be required to wear masks and remain socially distanced at six feet or more, with the additional protection of a Plexiglass divider and gloves upon request. Once the meeting is over, you advisor will escort you to the lobby where you will follow signs to exit the building.
Can I meet with my advisor over video instead of in person or over the phone, and how?
Absolutely! Using our video conferencing tools, you can meet with your dedicated Fidelity representative and team over video, if that is your preference. This is a very effective way to stay connected and helps us continue to ensure all of your financial needs are met. Learn more about that experience
Why was the Select Services table moved?
As we continue to test a phased reopening of our Investor Centers, we are now allowing clients to come into the office for prescheduled in-person planning meetings. In order to control the flow of traffic into and out of the Investor Center, and to allow for social distancing, we moved the Select Services station.
Why are you requiring me to wear a face mask when last time I came in for Select Services I was not?
For the safety and health of our clients and associates, we have had signage on the front door requiring masks for everyone entering our Investor Centers for Select Services or otherwise. Now, out of an abundance of caution since we will have more clients in the Investor Center for Select Services and for prescheduled in-person meetings as part of our phased reopening, it is critical now more than ever that all clients and employees wear masks for the safety of themselves and others, and to reduce exposure and spread of COVID-19.
Why can some clients go into the office but I am limited to the Select Services area?
Tuesday, June 23, we started piloting the ability for clients to come into certain Investor Centers for prescheduled planning meetings if they feel it is necessary to meet in person. In this phase of reopening, we are limiting the number of clients and associates within the Investor Center to ensure adequate space for social distancing. If you have a planning need, please call your advisor or the Investor Center directly to schedule a meeting. And note that most common transactions can be completed on Fidelity.com or on the Fidelity Mobile® app.