Free commission offer applies to online purchases of Fidelity ETFs and select iShares ETFs in a Fidelity brokerage account. Fidelity accounts may require minimum balances. The sale of ETFs is subject to an activity assessment fee (from $0.01 to $0.03 per $1,000 of principal). iShares ETFs and Fidelity ETFs are subject to a short-term trading fee by Fidelity if held less than 30 days.
ETFs are subject to market fluctuation and the risks of their underlying investments. ETFs are subject to management fees and other expenses. Unlike mutual funds, ETF shares are bought and sold at market price, which may be higher or lower than their NAV, and are not individually redeemed from the fund.
* Results based on ratings in the following categories: total commissions, Investment choices, tools, research, Web site, mobile, and advisory services. Criteria not equally weighted. In 2014, Fidelity tied for #1 with Charles Schwab which ranked 10 leading discount brokers. In 2011, Fidelity tied with TD Ameritrade which ranked 14 discount brokers, was #1 in November 2008 which ranked 12 discount brokers, and tied for #1 with Muriel Siebert in 2007 which ranked 10 discount brokers.
1. $7.95 trading commission applies to online purchases of U.S. equities in a Fidelity brokerage account with a minimum opening balance of $2,500 for Fidelity Brokerage Services LLC retail clients. Sell orders are subject to an activity assessment fee (of between $0.01 to $0.03 per $1000 of principal) by Fidelity. Other conditions may apply. See Fidelity.com/commissions for details.
Options trading entails significant risk and is not appropriate for all investors. Certain complex options strategies carry additional risk. Before trading options, please read
, and call 800-544-5115 to be approved for options trading. Supporting documentation for any claims, if applicable, will be furnished upon request.
2. Barron's, March 19, 2016 Online Broker Survey. Fidelity was evaluated against 15 others and earned the top overall score of 34.9 out of a possible 40. The firm was also named best online broker for Long-Term Investing (shared with 1 other), Best for Novices (shared with 1 other), and best for In-Person Service (shared with 4 others). Fidelity was also ranked 1st in the following categories "Trading Experience and Technology", "Range of Offerings" (tied with 1 other firm), and "Customer Service, Education and Security". Overall ranking based on unweighted ratings in the following categories: trading experience and technology, usability, mobile, range of offerings, research amenities, portfolio analysis and reports, customer services and education, and costs.
3. Investor's Business Daily (IBD), January 2015 and 2016 Best Online Brokers Special Reports. January 2015: Fidelity ranked in the top five in 9 out of 11 categories—-more than any other competitor. Fidelity was named first in Research Tools, Investment Research, Portfolio Analysis and Reports, and Educational Resources. January 2016: Fidelity ranked in the top five in 10 out of 12 categories. Fidelity was named first in Trade Reliability, Research Tools, Investment Research, Portfolio Analysis and Reports, and Educational Resources. Results for both reports were based on having the highest Customer Experience Index within the categories composing the surveys, as scored by more than 9,000 visitors to the IBD website.
4. February 16, 2016: Fidelity was ranked #1 overall out of 13 online brokers evaluated in the StockBrokers.com Online Broker Review 2016. Fidelity was rated #1 overall and was also rated #1 in several categories, including "Order Execution," "International Trading," and "Email Support." Fidelity was also named Best in Class for "Offering of Investments," "Research," "Customer Service," "Education," " Mobile Trading," "Banking," "Order Execution," "Active Trading," "Options Trading," and "New Investors."
5. Commission comparison based upon published website commission schedules, as of 1/10/2013, for E*Trade, Schwab, and TD Ameritrade for online U.S. equity trades and less than 1500 trades per quarter. For E*Trade: $9.99 per trade for 0-149, $7.99 per trade for 150 to 1,499 and special pricing for 1,500 or more trades per quarter. For Schwab: $8.95 for up to 999,999 shares per trade, though orders of 10,000 or more shares or greater than $500,000 may be eligible for special pricing. For TD Ameritrade: $9.99 per market or limit order trade for an unlimited amount of shares.
For iShares ETFs, Fidelity receives compensation from the ETF sponsor and/or its affiliates in connection with an exclusive long-term marketing program that includes promotion of iShares ETFs and inclusion of iShares funds in certain FBS platforms and investment programs. Additional information about the sources, amounts, and terms of compensation can be found in the ETF’s prospectus and related documents. Fidelity may add or waive commissions on ETFs without prior notice. BlackRock and iShares are registered trademarks of BlackRock Inc., and its affiliates.
The ratings and experience of customers may not be representative of the experiences of all customers or investors and is not indicative of future success. The accuracy of information included in the customer ratings and reviews cannot be guaranteed by Fidelity Investments. Customers who post ratings may be responsible for disclosing whether they have a financial interest or conflict in submitting a rating and review.
Please contact a Fidelity representative
if you have additional questions or concerns about the ratings and reviews posted here.
System availability and response times may be subject to market conditions.
Keep in mind that investing involves risk. The value of your investment will fluctuate over time, and you may gain or lose money.
Before investing, consider the funds' investment objectives, risks, charges, and expenses. Contact Fidelity for a prospectus or, if available, a summary prospectus containing this information. Read it carefully.