Keep in mind that investing involves risk. The value of your investment will fluctuate over time, and you may gain or lose money.
Investment minimums apply.
Fidelity does not provide legal or tax advice, and the information provided is general in nature and should not be considered legal or tax advice. Consult an attorney, tax professional, or other advisor regarding your specific legal or tax situation.
In general, the bond market is volatile, and fixed income securities carry interest rate risk. (As interest rates rise, bond prices usually fall, and vice versa. This effect is usually more pronounced for longer-term securities.) Fixed income securities also carry inflation risk, liquidity risk, call risk, and credit and default risks for both issuers and counterparties. Any fixed income security sold or redeemed prior to maturity may be subject to loss.
Options trading entails significant risk and is not appropriate for all investors. Certain complex options strategies carry additional risk. Before trading options, please read . Supporting documentation for any claims, if applicable, will be furnished upon request.
1. Tax-smart (i.e., tax-sensitive) investment management techniques, including tax-loss harvesting, are applied in managing certain taxable accounts on a limited basis, at the discretion of the portfolio manager, primarily with respect to determining when assets in a client's account should be bought or sold. Assets contributed may be sold for a taxable gain or loss at any time. There are no guarantees as to the effectiveness of the tax-smart investment techniques applied in serving to reduce or minimize a client's overall tax liabilities, or as to the tax results that may be generated by a given transaction.
2. Fidelity commissioned Corporate Insight to study bond pricing, available online, for self-directed retail investors from three brokers (Merrill Lynch, Morgan Stanley, and Wells Fargo) that offer corporate and municipal bonds for comparison to Fidelity's standard online pricing. The study
compared online bond prices for more than 27,000 municipal and corporate inventory matches from January 28 through March 2, 2020. It compared municipal and corporate inventories offered online in varying quantities. The study found that, on average, the three online bond brokers were asking $15.41 more per bond. Corporate Insight determined the average price differential by calculating the difference between the prices of matching corporate and municipal bond inventory at Fidelity, including Fidelity's $1 per bond mark-up for online trades vs. the prices offered online for the same bonds from the three brokers, then averaging the differences of the financial services firms. The analysis included investment grade corporate and municipal bonds only, as the three brokers in the study do not offer non-investment grade bonds for purchase online.
Minimum markup or markdown of $19.95 applies if traded with a Fidelity representative. For U.S. Treasury purchases traded with a Fidelity representative, a flat charge of $19.95 per trade applies. A $250 maximum applies to all trades, reduced to a $50 maximum for bonds maturing in one year or less. Rates are for U.S. dollar-denominated bonds; additional fees and minimums apply for non-dollar bond trades. Other conditions may apply; see Fidelity.com/commissions for details. Please note that markups and markdowns may affect the total cost of the transaction and the total, or "effective," yield of your investment. The offering broker, which may be our affiliate, National Financial Services LLC, may separately mark up or mark down the price of the security and may realize a trading profit or loss on the transaction.
$0.00 commission applies to online U.S. equity trades, exchange-traded funds (ETFs), and options (+ $0.65 per contract fee) in a Fidelity retail account only for Fidelity Brokerage Services LLC retail clients. Sell orders are subject to an activity assessment fee (from $0.01 to $0.03 per $1,000 of principal). There is an Options Regulatory Fee (from $0.03 to $0.05 per contract), which applies to both option buy and sell transactions. The fee is subject to change. Other exclusions and conditions may apply. See Fidelity.com/commissions for details. Employee equity compensation transactions and accounts managed by advisors or intermediaries through Fidelity Clearing & Custody Solutions® are subject to different commission schedules.
Eligible assets include those invested through Fidelity® Wealth Services, Fidelity® Strategic Disciplines, or a combination of both registered as an individual account, a joint account, or certain types of revocable trusts. Assets in other registration types, such as irrevocable trusts, partnerships, or LLCs, will not be included when determining program eligibility. Fidelity Rewards is not offered as a component of any advisory service or program through Fidelity, including, without limitation, Fidelity® Wealth Services and Fidelity® Strategic Disciplines. While there are no program enrollment fees, eligible accounts are charged an advisory fee.
5. You may be eligible to earn additional Points on eligible Net Purchases, in addition to the Points you may earn in the Fidelity® Rewards Visa Signature® Card Program if you qualify and are registered into the Fidelity Rewards+ program. Earn up to 2% cash back on purchases when you use your Fidelity Rewards Visa Signature Card and earn up to an additional 1% as a participant in the Fidelity Rewards+SM program for Wealth Management clients. Eligibility and applicability of the additional Points are determined by Fidelity Brokerage Services, LLC. Fidelity Rewards Visa Signature Card Program, managed by Elan Financial Services, and Fidelity Rewards+, managed by Fidelity, are separate programs. Full details for the Fidelity Rewards+ program appear in the Fidelity Rewards+ Terms and Conditions and in the Program Rules for Fidelity Rewards Visa Signature Card Program.
6. Fidelity® Wealth Services is an investment advisory service that provides nondiscretionary financial planning and discretionary investment management through one or more Portfolio Advisory Services accounts for a fee. Minimum investment is $50,000 for access to a team of advisors and $250,000 for access to a dedicated advisor.
7. The advisory fee does not cover charges resulting from trades effected with or through broker-dealers other than Fidelity Investment affiliates, mark-ups or mark-downs by broker-dealers, transfer taxes, exchange fees, regulatory fees, odd-lot differentials, handling charges, electronic fund and wire transfer fees, or any other charges imposed by law or otherwise applicable to your account. You will also incur underlying expenses associated with the investment vehicles selected.
To be eligible for enhanced non-discretionary financial planning and/or support ("PWM Program Services"), Fidelity Private Wealth Management clients are subject to a qualification and acceptance process, and must typically invest at least $2 million, in the aggregate, in Fidelity® Wealth Services and/or Fidelity® Strategic Disciplines accounts and have investable assets of at least $10 million.
9. Gross advisory fee applicable to accounts managed through Fidelity® Strategic Disciplines ranges from 0.20% to 0.49% and gross advisory fee applicable to accounts managed through Fidelity® Wealth Services ranges from 0.50%–1.05%, in each case based on a minimum investment of $2 million.
You could lose money by investing in a money market fund. An investment in a money market fund is not insured or guaranteed by the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation or any other government agency. Before investing, always read a money market fund’s prospectus for policies specific to that fund.
Other than with respect to assets managed on a discretionary basis through an advisory agreement with Fidelity Personal and Workplace Advisors LLC, you are responsible for determining whether, and how, to implement any financial planning recommendations presented, including asset allocation suggestions, and for paying applicable fees. Financial planning does not constitute an offer to sell, a solicitation of any offer to buy, or a recommendation of any security by Fidelity Investments or any third party.
Fidelity® Strategic Disciplines is an advisory service offered by Fidelity Personal and Workplace Advisors LLC (FPWA), a registered investment adviser. Fidelity® Wealth Services is an advisory service offered by FPWA or Fidelity Personal Trust Company, FSB (FPTC), a federal savings bank. Nondeposit investment products and trust services offered by FPTC and its affiliates are not insured or guaranteed by the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation or any other government agency, are not obligations of any bank, and are subject to risk, including possible loss of principal. Brokerage services provided by Fidelity Brokerage Services LLC (FBS), and custodial and related services provided by National Financial Services LLC (NFS), each a member NYSE, SIPC. FPWA, FPTC, FBS and NFS are Fidelity Investments companies. These advisory services are provided for a fee.
Fidelity Brokerage Services LLC, Member NYSE, SIPC, 900 Salem Street, Smithfield, RI 02917