Our Commitment to Privacy
Fidelity Bloom® (the “Fidelity Bloom”, “we”, “us” or “our”) helps you be mindful of spending patterns and can help grow savings.
We recognize the importance of maintaining the privacy of personal information about our current and prospective customers.
How and Why We Obtain and Use Personal Information
Fidelity Bloom recognizes the importance of maintaining personal information about you and when we use it, we do so with respect for your privacy. We obtain and use personal information about you to service, maintain, and protect your account; process transactions in your account; respond to inquiries from you; develop, offer, and deliver Services; operate and manage our business; and fulfill legal and regulatory requirements. Fidelity Bloom collects public and non-public personal information from customers and visitors from various sources. Some examples include:
- Contact information, such as your name, phone number, email address, or mailing address, when you submit a request or communicate with us. We use this information to provide you with our Services that you request or in which you express interest, and to communicate with you such as to send email messages;
- Account information, including first and last name, user ID and password, profile information, payment and purchase history information, and any other information you provide to us. We use this information to administer your account, provide you with the relevant service and information, communicate with you regarding your account and your use of the service, and for customer support purposes;
- Employment information, such as your business email address, business address, date of hire and employment identification number, to the extent permitted by you or under our agreement with your employer or plan sponsor and as allowed by law;
- Activity data, such as unique online or device identifiers, IP address, device or session IDs, information regarding your system configuration (operating system and version) and other information collected through your use of the Services;
- Purchase data, such as any activity in your account that occurs from purchases and other transactional activities (for example, trading history and balances or rewards earned from shopping experiences);
- Other interactions with Fidelity Bloom (for example, discussions with our customer service staff, including telephone or chat, information you enter into our websites, or when you enroll in our authentication services);
- Information from other third-party sources (for example, to verify your identity and to better understand your product and service needs); and
- Other sources with your consent (for example, from other institutions if you transfer positions into Fidelity Bloom).
How We Protect Information About You
We implement and maintain physical, administrative, technical and organizational measures designed to protect personal information and we regularly adapt these controls to respond to changing requirements and advances in technology.
For Fidelity Bloom, we restrict access to personal information to those who require it to develop, support, offer and deliver Services to you and to operate our business.
How We Share Information About You with Third Parties
Fidelity Bloom may share personal information about our customers with unaffiliated third parties. We may share personal information with the following entities:
- Unaffiliated service providers (for example, marketing service providers and other entities who may provide services at our direction);
- Government agencies, other regulatory bodies and law enforcement officials (for example, for tax purposes or for reporting suspicious transactions);
- Other third parties, with your consent (for example, if you request to transfer assets from another financial institution, or if you use an external aggregation website or service that you have provided permission to access your Fidelity Bloom account on your behalf);
- Other organizations as permitted or required by law (for example for fraud prevention or to respond to a subpoena); and
- In connection with corporate business transactions, such as a merger or sale of a business.
Our service providers are obligated to keep the personal information we share with them confidential and use it only to provide services in connection with Fidelity Bloom.
In addition, if you choose to use or indicate your interest in using a product, service or investment offering that is offered by a third party and made available through Fidelity Bloom, we may share personal information with that third party in connection with your use or interest of that product, service or investment offering.
How We Provide Information About You to Our Affiliates
We may provide personal information about you to our corporate affiliates including internal service providers which perform, for example data processing services.
Where Fidelity provides services to you under an arrangement with your employer or plan sponsor, to the extent permitted by you or under our agreement with your employer or plan sponsor and as allowed by law, we may provide information about you to Fidelity Investments and Fidelity affiliates, such as its brokerage and insurance companies, for their use in marketing Services.
Your Digital Privacy
When you interact with us by using our websites, online services or applications (including mobile apps) that are owned and controlled by Fidelity Investments ("our digital offerings"), or via electronic communications, Fidelity manages personal information in accordance with all of the practices and safeguards described in this policy.
When you use or interact with us via our digital offerings, or interact with us via electronic communications, we (or our service providers on our behalf) may automatically collect technical and navigational and location information, such as device type, browser type, Internet protocol address, pages visited, and average time spent on our digital offerings. We use this information for a variety of purposes, such as maintaining the security of your session, facilitating site navigation, improving the design and functionality of our digital offerings and electronic communications, and personalizing your experience.
Cookies and Similar Technologies
Advertising on Fidelity Bloom Digital Offerings
Fidelity Bloom advertises on its own digital offerings (including our mobile applications), and when we do, we may use information about your relationship with us, such as the types of accounts you have, to tailor advertisements and communications about Fidelity Bloom and third-party services that may be of interest to you.
Advertising on Non-Fidelity Bloom Digital Offerings
Fidelity Bloom and these third-party online advertising companies may use the data collected, along with other information we have about you and your relationships with Fidelity Bloom, to serve relevant ads to you. The advertisements may be relevant to your interests, as determined by your activity on Fidelity Bloom and non-Fidelity Bloom websites. These advertisements are known as "interest-based advertisements".
You may opt-out of receiving interest-based advertisements from online advertising companies, including those used by Fidelity Bloom, by clicking on the AdChoices icon and following the opt-out instructions.
If you generally want to “opt out” of receiving online interest-based advertisements on your internet browser from advertisers and third parties that participate in a self-regulatory programs like the Digital Advertising Alliance DAA program or the Network Advertising Initiative (NAI), please follow the instructions at WebChoices: Digital Advertising Alliance's Consumer Choice Tool for Web US (aboutads.info) and NAI Consumer Opt Out (networkadvertising.org) to place an “opt-out” cookie on your device indicating that you do not want to receive interest-based advertisements. If you want to “opt out” of receiving online interest-based advertisements on mobile devices, please follow the instructions at YourAdChoices.com | AppChoices and Mobile Opt Out - NAI: Network Advertising Initiative (thenai.org).
Third Party Websites, Online Service, and Content
In general, Fidelity Bloom’s digital offerings are not directed to individuals under the age of thirteen (13). Fidelity Bloom does not intentionally collect information on Fidelity Bloom websites from those we know are under 13, and we request that these individuals do not provide personal information through our digital offerings. If we do provide a digital offering that is intended to be used by individuals under the age of thirteen, it will have a separate privacy notice.
We reserve the right to change this Policy from time to time at our sole discretion. We will notify you about material changes in the way we treat personal information by sending a notice to the primary email address specified in your Fidelity Bloom account and/or by placing a prominent notice on our website. It is your responsibility to review this Policy periodically. When we do change the Policy, we will also revise the “effective” date.
How to Review and Make Changes to Your Personal Information
Fidelity Bloom offers options for accessing and, if necessary, correcting your account information. You can review your information by logging into your account and clicking the “Profile” tab of your account. If you have any questions about reviewing, modifying, or deleting your information, you can contact us directly using the information provided in the Contact Us section, below. We will review your request and may require you to provide additional information to identify yourself. We may not be able to modify or delete your information in all circumstances.