How to Wire Money From Fidelity to a Bank Account
Wiring funds is a good choice when you need to move money quickly and securely. It enables you to get your money fast to cover important expenses: for example, money needed for a house closing. The money you send by wire is typically available immediately, which means there's no collection time after the funds are credited to your bank account.
What do I need to know?
Before you request the wire:
- Check with the bank where you're sending the wire to get up-to-date wiring instructions that include the bank's routing number.
- Make sure you have enough cash available to withdraw from your Fidelity account to cover the wire.
To request the wire:
- From TransferLog In Required, select the Fidelity account to wire from, and the bank you want to wire to.
- Enter the dollar amount and confirm the transaction.
- Review the confirmation page, which includes a confirmation number and the expected delivery date.
You can use TransferLog In Required to add new bank instructions, update existing bank instructions, or link bank information from another of your Fidelity accounts. If you'd like more information, please see Set up or update your bank wire instructions.
What to expect
For brokerage accounts, the money is debited from your account on the business day (before 4 p.m. ET) you request the wire:
- If you request the wire before 4 p.m. ET, the money is typically credited to your bank account the day of your request.
- If you requested the wire after 4 p.m. ET, the money is typically credited to your bank account the next business day after your request.
Note: There's a $15 fee if you have a Fidelity representative process the wire or a $10 fee if you do the wire online.
For mutual fund accounts, the shares are sold on the business day (before 4 p.m. ET) you request the wire:
- If you request the wire before 4 p.m. ET, the money is typically credited to your bank account on the next business day after your request.
- If you request the wire after 4 p.m. ET, the money is typically credited to your bank on the second business day after your request.
Note: There's a $5 fee to wire funds to your bank.
You'll receive an alert as soon as we send your wire. Check your Communication CenterLog In Required under Alerts History. You may want to confirm with your bank that they've received your money. You'll also receive a confirmation by email or U.S. Mail, based on your delivery preferences.
Virtual Assistant is Fidelity's automated natural language search engine to help you find information on the Fidelity.com site. As with any search engine, we ask that you not input personal or account information. Information that you input is not stored or reviewed for any purpose other than to provide search results and to help provide analytics to improve the search results. For account servicing requests, you may send our customer service team a secure, encrypted message once you have logged in to our website. Responses provided by the Virtual Assistant are to help you navigate Fidelity.com and, as with any Internet search engine, you should review the results carefully. Fidelity does not guarantee accuracy of results or suitability of information provided.