Sell orders are subject to an activity assessment fee (from $0.01 to $0.03 per $1,000 of principal). Trades are limited to online domestic equities and options and must be used within two years. Options trades are limited to 20 contracts per trade. Offer valid for new and existing Fidelity customers opening or adding net new assets to an eligible Fidelity IRA or brokerage account. Deposits of $50,000-$99,999 will receive 300 free trades, and deposits of $100,000 or more will receive 500 free trades. Account balance of $50,000 of net new assets must be maintained for at least nine months; otherwise, normal commission schedule rates may be retroactively applied to any free trade executions. See Fidelity.com/ATP500free
for further details and full offer terms. Fidelity reserves the right to modify these terms and conditions or terminate this offer at any time. Other terms and conditions, or eligibility criteria may apply.
1. Barron's, March 20, 2017 and March 19, 2016 Online Broker Surveys. 2017: Fidelity was evaluated against 15 others and earned the top overall score of 35.6 out of a possible 40. The firm was also named best online broker for Long-Term Investing (shared with 2 others), Best for Novices (shared with 1 other), and Best for Investor Education (shared with 2 others). Fidelity was also ranked 1st in the following categories: Trading Experience & Technology (shared with 2 others), Mobile (shared with 1 other), Research Amenities, and Portfolio Analysis and Reports (shared with 2 others). 2016: Fidelity was evaluated against 15 others and earned the top overall score of 34.9 out of a possible 40.0. Fidelity was also named Best Online Broker for Long-Term Investing (shared with one other), Best for Novices (shared with one other), and Best for In-Person Service (shared with four others), and was ranked first in the following categories: trading technology; range of offerings (tied with one other firm); and customer service, education, and security. Overall ranking for both years based on unweighted ratings in the following categories: trading experience & technology; usability; mobile; range of offerings; research amenities; portfolio analysis and reports; customer service, education, and security; and costs.
2. Investor's Business Daily® (IBD), January 2015, 2016 and 2017: Best Online Brokers Special Report. January 2015: Fidelity ranked in the top five in 9 out of 11 categories. Fidelity was named first in Research Tools, Investment Research, Portfolio Analysis and Reports, and Educational Resources. January 2016: Fidelity ranked in the top five in 10 out of 12 categories. Fidelity was named first in Trade Reliability, Research Tools, Investment Research, Portfolio Analysis and Reports, and Educational Resources. January 2017: Fidelity ranked in the top two in all 13 categories. Fidelity was named first in Research Tools, Portfolio Analysis and Reports, Investment Research, Educational Resources, and Planning Tools. Results in 2017 were based on having the highest Customer Experience Index within the categories composing the survey, as scored by more than 4,752 respondents in the survey conducted by Investor’s Business Daily’s polling partner, TechnoMetrica Market Intelligence. © Investor's Business Daily, Inc. All rights reserved.
3. Kiplinger's, August 2016. Online Broker Survey. Fidelity was ranked No. 1 overall out of 7 online brokers. Results based on ratings in the following categories: Commissions and Fees, Breadth of Investment Choices, Tools, Research, Ease of Use, Mobile, and Advisory.
StockBrokers.com 2017 Online Broker Review, February 21, 2017: Fidelity was named Best in Class for Research, Ease of Use, and Order Execution out of 16 online brokers evaluated. Read the full article. February 16, 2016: Fidelity was ranked No. 1 overall out of 13 online brokers evaluated in the StockBrokers.com 2016 Online Broker Review. Fidelity was also rated No. 1 in several categories, including Order Execution, International Trading, and Email Support, and named Best in Class for Offering of Investments, Research, Customer Service, Investor Education, Mobile Trading, Banking, Order Execution, Active Trading, Options Trading, and New Investors. Read the full article.
5. Reviews.com, July 2016. Industry review of 8 leading online trading sites. Fidelity earned a perfect score in categories from customer support to investment education.
6. Corporate Insight, January 2017. Corporate Insight's annual 2016 e-Monitor Awards recognized Fidelity's online brokerage offering with a Gold Medal for Account Information, Quotes, and Prospect Experience. 19 firms were evaluated on six distinct categories: Account Information, Quotes, Trading, Online Help, Prospect Experience, and Mobile Capabilities. A Gold Medal is awarded to those firms that offer products, tools or website features that are innovative and extensive, meeting or exceeding all of the criteria established in each category which may have numerous Gold Medal winners.
7. Dynatrace 2016 Digital Experience Report: Best of the Web provides a comparative performance assessment for the largest companies across six major industries: banking, brokerage, insurance, media, retail, and travel. The report evaluates each company’s digital experience delivery throughout 2015. When Dynatrace used a trade quote to assess transaction performance and speed, Fidelity emerged as the clear leader across all industries.
8. NerdWallet.com, January 2017. In 2016, NerdWallet, an online media publisher, conducted an industry review of 20 online trading sites. Fidelity was recognized as one of the best online brokers for research tools (offerings from Fidelity and more than 20 providers) and resources. (Shared with one other firm.)