Fidelity Municipal Money Market Mutual Funds
Fidelity money market mutual funds are aligned with new U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) rules that Fidelity implemented on October 1, 2016. Below are details about available municipal funds.
Municipal fund features
- Invest in municipal securities with income that is normally free from federal income tax, federal alternative minimum tax (AMT), and/or state income tax
- For nonretirement accounts
- May impose redemption fee or temporarily halt redemptions if fund liquidity falls below regulatory limits during a period of extraordinary market stress
- Retail funds able to transact at traditional, stable $1.00 net asset value (NAV) per share
- Available only to "natural person" investors who are not corporations or other types of organizations
For investors seeking federal tax-free income
For investors seeking federal AMT-free income
For investments of $1 million+
California AMT Tax-Free – IL Class (FSBXX)
Massachusetts AMT Tax-Free – IL Class (FMAXX)
New Jersey AMT Tax-Free – IL Class (FSKXX)
New York AMT Tax-Free – IL Class (FNKXX)
Learn more about money market funds, a type of fixed income mutual fund that invests in debt securities characterized by their short maturities and minimal credit risk.
You could lose money by investing in a money market fund. Although the fund seeks to preserve the value of your investment at $1.00 per share, it cannot guarantee it will do so. The Fund may impose a fee upon the sale of your shares or may temporarily suspend your ability to sell shares if the Fund’s liquidity falls below required minimums because of market conditions or other factors. An investment in the fund is not insured or guaranteed by the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation or any other government agency. Fidelity Investments and its affiliates, the fund’s sponsor, have no legal obligation to provide financial support to the fund, and you should not expect that the sponsor will provide financial support to the fund at any time.