Portfolio Advisory Services
Through Fidelity Wealth Services®
Sticking to a plan and staying consistently invested, even when things get rocky, is crucial to investment success. We can help.
Portfolio Advisory Services can help take the day-to-day challenges of investing, and the discipline it requires, off your shoulders. This can make a big difference in the long term. In fact, Industry studies estimate that financial advice can add between 1.5% to 4% to portfolio returns over extended periods, depending on the time period and how returns are calculated.2
We provide clear, straightforward recommendations with your best interests in mind to help you grow and protect your wealth. Your advisor, alongside a team of experienced investment management professionals, will help you plan and invest for your financial future.
As your life, needs, and goals change, we'll continue to work with you to adjust your investment strategy and help you stay invested for long-term success.
2. Value of advice sources: Envestnet, Capital Sigma: The Return on Advice (estimates advisor value add at an average of 3% per year), 2016; Russell Investments, Envestnet, Capital Sigma, The Advisor Advantage (PDF) (estimates advisor value add at an average of 3% per year), 2019; 2017 Value of a Financial Advisor Update estimates value add at more than 4% per year); Vanguard, Putting a Value on Your Value: Quantifying Vanguard Advisor's Alpha® 2016 (PDF), (estimates lifetime value add at an average of 3%); Morningstar Investment Management, The Value of a Gamma-Efficient Portfolio, 2017 (PDF), (estimates value add for a subset of the service identified in this paper at an average of 1.5% per year). The methodologies for these studies vary greatly. In the Envestnet and Russell studies, the paper sought to identify the absolute value of a set of services, while the Vanguard and Morningstar studies compared expected impact of advisor practices to a hypothetical base case scenario. Please follow the links above to see important differences in the methodologies of these various studies.
Strategic Advisers LLC is the investing team responsible for the day-to-day management of your account. Your money will be managed by professionals who follow a disciplined investment process supported by deep research.
- 30 years of experience helping clients reach their goals
- Over $384B in assets under management*
- Over 100 investment professionals with specialized areas of focus within research, portfolio management, and personalized trading
- Deep fundamental and quantitative research focused on evaluating hundreds of managers and funds and analyzing risk and return potential
- Portfolio managers with specialized areas of focus in asset allocation and specific asset classes, who drive investment selection and risk management decisions
We follow a disciplined process to help you stay on track toward your goals.
- Research: A dedicated, experienced team that combines quantitative and fundamental research to analyze your investments and economic trends
- Long-term asset allocation: Using your investment time horizon, appetite for risk, and unique financial situation, we'll determine an appropriate mix of stocks and bonds for your long-term goals
- Actively managed: We'll select the investments in your account from over thousands of options based on our deep analysis and your preferences. We’ll also adjust the mix of stocks and bonds in your account based on economic conditions and your preferences.
- Tax-smart investment management: For taxable accounts*, we apply a range of techniques to help reduce the impact of taxes on your investments.
- Monitor & rebalance: Daily in-depth monitoring and disciplined rebalancing help to keep your account aligned to your goal as markets move up and down over time.
Keep in mind that investing involves risk. The value of your investment will fluctuate over time, and you may gain or lose money.
Fidelity does not provide legal or tax advice. The information herein is general and educational in nature and should not be considered legal or tax advice. Tax laws and regulations are complex and subject to change, which can materially impact investment results. Fidelity cannot guarantee that the information herein is accurate, complete, or timely. Fidelity makes no warranties with regard to such information or results obtained by its use, and disclaims any liability arising out of your use of, or any tax position taken in reliance on, such information. Consult an attorney or tax professional regarding your specific situation.
Fidelity® Wealth Services provides non-discretionary financial planning and discretionary investment management through one or more Portfolio Advisory Services accounts for a fee. Advisory services offered by Fidelity Personal and Workplace Advisors LLC (FPWA), a registered investment adviser, and Fidelity Personal Trust Company, FSB (FPTC), a federal savings bank. Nondeposit investment products and trust services offered through FPTC and its affiliates are not insured or guaranteed by the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation or any other government agency, are not obligations of any bank, and are subject to risk, including possible loss of principal. Discretionary portfolio management services provided by Strategic Advisers LLC (Strategic Advisers), a registered investment adviser. Brokerage services provided by Fidelity Brokerage Services LLC (FBS), and custodial and related services provided by National Financial Services LLC (NFS), each a member NYSE and SIPC. FPWA, Strategic Advisers, FPTC, FBS, and NFS are Fidelity Investments companies.
Tax-sensitive investment management techniques are applied in managing taxable accounts (including "tax-loss harvesting") on a limited basis, at the discretion of Strategic Advisers primarily with respect to determining when assets in a client’s account should be bought or sold. As a discretionary portfolio manager, Strategic Advisers may elect to sell assets in an account at any time. A client may have a gain or loss when assets are sold. Strategic Advisers does not currently invest in tax-deferred products, such as variable insurance products, or in tax-managed funds, but may do so in the future if it deems such to be appropriate for a client. Strategic Advisers does not actively manage for alternative minimum taxes; state or local taxes; foreign taxes on non-U.S. investments; or estate, gift, or generation-skipping transfer taxes. Strategic Advisers relies on information provided by clients in an effort to provide tax-sensitive investment management, and does not offer tax advice. There are no guarantees as to the effectiveness of the tax-sensitive management techniques applied in serving to reduce or minimize a client’s overall tax liabilities, or as to the tax results that may be generated by a given transaction. Except where Fidelity Personal Trust Company (FPTC) is serving as trustee, clients are responsible for all tax liabilities arising from transactions in their accounts, for the adequacy and accuracy of any positions taken on tax returns, for the actual filing of tax returns, and for the remittance of tax payments to taxing authorities.
Fidelity Brokerage Services LLC, Member NYSE, SIPC, 900 Salem Street, Smithfield, RI 02917