Valuations look reasonable
- Stock valuations have risen over the past five years, but while most valuation measurements show that stocks in general aren’t cheap, most don’t indicate that stocks are very overpriced.1
- Earnings could grow as the economy remains in a mid-cycle expansion and businesses continue to benefit from productivity gains.
- Q3 market update
- Second-half outlook
- June market update
Global risks and opportunities
- Emerging markets have recovered in recent months, but still face headwinds.
- In Japan, the economy has accelerated, credit conditions have improved, and corporate profitability is up.
- The U.S. remains the strongest of the developed countries.
Stock ideas to explore
- Technology, industrials, and health care may benefit from corporate spending and innovation.
- Higher quality stocks may deliver much of the upside potential of equities overall, but with less volatility.
- The biotech industry suffered a pullback this spring, but may benefit from innovation over the longer term.
- Consumer preferences for products perceived to offer active-living and health benefits may drive performance of some stocks.
Use style or market cap to find stock mutual funds.
Discover international and global stock funds.
Get the latest market data and find in-depth research in the Stock Research Center.
Sort through equity ETFs based on dozens of criteria using our screener.
Create an investment strategy and analyze your current portfolio with Portfolio Review.
Before investing in any mutual fund or exchange-traded fund, you should consider its investment objectives, risks, charges, and expenses. Contact Fidelity for a prospectus, offering circular or, if available, a summary prospectus containing this information. Read it carefully.
Past performance is no guarantee of future results.
Fidelity Brokerage Services LLC, Member NYSE, SIPC, 900 Salem Street, Smithfield, RI 02917