How we execute your trade
Execution speed for the 1-Second Execution Guarantee is measured from the time Fidelity accepts and routes your order (Step 2) to the time the order is executed by the market center (Step 4). It is not uncommon to receive delayed execution reports from market centers (Step 5) even though your order has already executed.
To qualify for Fidelity's 1-Second NBBO Execution Guarantee, brokerage orders must meet the following criteria:
- They are market orders to buy, sell, or buy-to-cover stocks listed in the S&P 500® Index.
- Share quantities are 1 to 1,000 shares on orders entered between 9:45 a.m. and 3:59 p.m. ET. If the markets open or close outside of standard hours, acceptable order entry times will adjust accordingly.
- Eligible orders can be entered on Fidelity.com, Fidelity Active Trader Pro®, FAST®, acceptable wireless devices, or through a Fidelity representative.
Certain order types are excluded from the 1-Second Execution Guarantee:
- The guarantee does not include short sell orders, extended hours orders, directed trading orders, or orders on stocks trading under $1.
- Market orders are day only; other time-in-force designations such as good 'til canceled (GTC), fill or kill (FOK), immediate or cancel (IOC), on the open, and on the close are not eligible. Order conditions such as all or none (AON), do not reduce (DNR), and all or none/do not reduce (AON/DNR) are not eligible.
- Orders in which there is an attempt to cancel, or cancel and replace, are not eligible.
- Certain market conditions will affect the guarantee, including locked or crossed markets, orders entered when a security has halted trading, and orders entered during fast market conditions.
- Any order received for more shares than the quoted size, orders received when the National Best Bid Best Offer (NBBO) was bidding or offering less than 100 shares, and subsequent orders filled as a result of a partial execution are excluded.
- Orders entered during system or communication problems at Fidelity or the market center where the order was routed for execution do not qualify.
Fidelity reserves the right to restrict or revoke this offer at any time.
The S&P 500® list of securities qualifying for this guarantee will be reviewed and updated at least quarterly.
When applicable, commissions will be automatically waived and applied to the order entered.