Open a 529 plan account
How can you open an account?
- Open a Fidelity-managed 529 plan account online.
- Download an enrollment kit, available for each of the Fidelity-managed 529 Plans:
- Call 800-544-1914 to request an application and fact kit.
What information will you need?
- Your Social Security number
- Your beneficiary's date of birth and Social Security number
- Bank account and routing information (if you're ready to deposit funds)
How can you fund your account?
- Contribute an initial investment (as little as $50), or
- Establish periodic contributions from your bank account or Fidelity nonretirement account (as little as $15 a month).
Maintain your account
What can you do?
Over the life of the account, you may want to:
- Monitor plan performance.
- Make an additional one-time contribution or set up automatic contributions.
- Change your future allocations.
- Change to a different investment portfolio (allowable once per year).
- Change the beneficiary to a family member of the original beneficiary.*