The Lipper Fund Awards are part of the Thomson Reuters Awards for Excellence, a global family of awards that celebrate exceptional performance throughout the professional investment community. The Thomson Reuters Awards for Excellence recognize the world's top funds, fund management firms, sell-side firms, research analysts, and investor relations teams. They also include the Extel Survey Awards, the StarMine Analyst Awards, and the StarMine Broker Rankings. Lipper designates award-winning funds in most individual classifications for the three-, five-, and ten-year periods.
"These awards reflect Fidelity's commitment to delivering strong risk-adjusted and consistent long-term investment performance for our shareholders across a deep and broad range of investment management capabilities," said Ronald P. O'Hanley, president of Fidelity's Asset Management organization. "On behalf of Fidelity and the funds' shareholders, we are truly honored to receive this recognition from Lipper."
The nine mutual funds recognized by Lipper ranged across a variety of asset classes and styles, from investment grade bond and asset allocation to international, small cap and sector funds.
- Fidelity Intermediate Government Income Fund (FSTGX), managed by Franco Castagliuolo and Bill Irving, won an award in Lipper's Short-Intermediate Government Income category for the 10-year period.
- Select Retailing Portfolio (FSRPX), managed by Peter Dixon, won awards in Lipper's Consumer Services category for the three- and five-year time periods.
- Fidelity Income Replacement 2030 Fund (FIRQX)**, managed by Andrew Dierdorf and Chris Sharpe, won an award in Lipper's Retirement Income category for the five-year period.
- Fidelity China Region Fund (FHKCX), managed by Bobby Bao, won an award in Lipper's China Region category for the five-year period.
- Fidelity Pacific Basin Fund (FPBFX), managed by Dale Nicholls, won an award in Lipper's Pacific Region category for the three-year period.
- Select Consumer Finance Portfolio (FSVLX), managed by Shilpa Mehra, won an award in Lipper's Financial Services category for the three-year period.
- Select Energy Portfolio (FSENX), managed by John Dowd, won an award in Lipper's Natural Resources category for the 10-year period.
- Select Pharmaceuticals Portfolio (FPHAX), managed by Andrew Oh, won awards in Lipper's Global Health/Biotechnology category for the three- and five-year time periods.
- Fidelity Small Cap Discovery Fund (FSCRX), managed by Chuck Myers, won an award in Lipper's Small-Cap Core category for the five-year period.
"Not only do these awards recognize our portfolio managers for their incredible stewardship on the funds, but, just as importantly, they demonstrate the hard work of each and every one of our 819 investment professionals across the globe to harness Fidelity's deep and diverse capabilities to help our clients achieve their financial and business objectives," said O'Hanley.