Fidelity also offers FDIC–insured brokered certificates of deposit (CDs). Choose the maturity that suits you, from 3 months to 10 years, from an inventory of original issue or secondary market certificates.1
Both Treasury securities purchased at auction and new-issue CDs with a term to maturity of five years or less are eligible for the Auto Roll Program. This service allows you to have the proceeds of the principal from a maturing Treasury or CD to automatically be used to purchase the same type of security with a similar maturity and coupon payment frequency.
Another option from Fidelity is securities issued by government agencies. Although not guaranteed by the U.S. Government in the way that U.S. Treasury securities are, Agency/GSE bonds are securities from Government Sponsored Enterprises such as Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac and the Federal Home Loan Banks.2 Choose from an inventory of original issues or secondary issues.
If liquidity is a goal, consider Treasury Money Market Funds, which give you convenient daily access to U.S. Treasury securities with a range of short maturities. U.S. Government Money Market Funds normally invest most of their assets in Government Agency debt, as well as repurchase agreements involving those securities.
- Fidelity Institutional Money Market: Treasury Only Class I (FSIXX)
- Fidelity Institutional Money Market: Treasury Portfolio Class I (FISXX)
- Fidelity Treasury Money Market Fund (FLTXX)
- Fidelity U.S. Treasury Only Money Market Fund (FDLXX)
- Fidelity U.S. Government Reserves (FGRXX)
- Fidelity Government Money Market Fund (SPAXX)
- Fidelity Institutional Money Market: Government Portfolio Class I (FIGXX)
General Purpose Money Market Funds may invest in securities of corporations as well as government entities.
- Fidelity Cash Reserves (FDRXX)
- Select Money Market Portfolio (FSLXX)
- Fidelity Money Market Fund (SPRXX)
- Fidelity Institutional Money Market: Prime Money Market Portfolio – CL I (FIDXX)
- Fidelity Institutional Money Market: Money Market Portfolio — Class I (FMPXX)
- Fidelity Institutional Money Market: Prime Money Market Portfolio – Institutional Class (FIPXX)
- Fidelity Institutional Money Market: Money Market Portfolio – Institutional Class (FNSXX)
Review all Fidelity money market funds.
For investors with a time frame of at least 6-12 months, learn more about a new option: Fidelity Conservative Income Bond Fund.