IMPORTANT FEE INFORMATION: Vanguard funds may charge an annual account service fee of $20 for fund balances below $10,000. Vanguard offers other share classes of these funds with different investment minimums and expense ratios.
Please note: When comparing funds, please consider all important factors, including information pertaining to fund fees, fund features, and fund objectives. While funds may track an index, the indexes and strategies employed in seeking to achieve an investment goal may be different. Each fund's investment object and strategy and index tracked to achieve investment goals may differ. For new investors, funding investment minimums may be different.
ETFs are subject to market fluctuation and the risks of their underlying investments. ETFs are subject to management fees and other expenses. Unlike mutual funds, ETF shares are bought and sold at market price, which may be higher or lower than their NAV, and are not individually redeemed from the fund. ETFs are subject to market fluctuations of their underlying investments and may trade at a discount to NAV.
1. Fidelity beats Vanguard on expenses on 18 of 18 comparable stock and bond index funds, across all Vanguard share classes with a minimum investment of less than $3 billion. Total expense ratios as of November 2, 2018. Please consider other important factors including that each fund’s investment objectives, strategy, and index tracked to achieve its goals may differ, as well as each fund’s features and risks.
2. Fidelity now offers the Fidelity ZERO Large Cap Index Fund (FNILX), Fidelity ZERO Extended Market Index Fund (FZIPX), Fidelity ZERO Total Market Index Fund (FZROX) and Fidelity ZERO International Index Fund (FZILX) available to individual retail investors who purchase their shares through a Fidelity brokerage account.
3. All Fidelity funds that previously required investment minimums of $10k or less, and stock and bond index fund classes that previously had minimums of $100 million or less, now have zero minimums.
4. Zero account minimums and zero account fees apply to retail brokerage accounts only. Expenses charged by investments (e.g., funds, managed accounts, and certain HSAs) and commissions, interest charges, or other expenses for transactions may still apply. See Fidelity.com/commissions
for further details.
5. Investor share class shown for Vanguard FTSE Social Index Fund (VFTSX) which has a $3,000 minimum investment. Vanguard does not offer Admiral share class of Vanguard FTSE Social Index Fund.
6. Expense ratio is the total annual fund operating expense ratio from the fund's most recent prospectus. As of August 1, 2018, Fidelity contractually lowered fund operating expense ratios on all comparable funds.
IMPORTANT FUND OBJECTIVE/COMPARISON INFORMATION: Fidelity® 500 Index Fund (tracks S&P 500®), Vanguard 500 Index Fund (tracks S&P 500®); Fidelity® Extended Market Index Fund (tracks DJ US Completion Total Stock Market Index), Vanguard Extended Market Index Fund (tracks S&P Completion Index); Fidelity® Total Market Index Fund (tracks Dow Jones U.S. Total Stock Market Index), Vanguard Total Stock Market Index Fund (tracks CRSP U.S. Total Market Index); Fidelity Large Cap Growth Index Fund (tracks Russell 1000 Growth Index), Vanguard Large Cap Growth Index (tracks CRSP US large Cap Growth Index); Fidelity Large Cap Value Index Fund (tracks Russell 1000 Value Index), Vanguard Large Cap Value Index Fund (tracks CRSP US Large Cap Value Index); Fidelity® Mid Cap Index Fund (tracks Russell Midcap® Index), Vanguard Mid-Cap Index Fund (tracks CRSP U.S. Mid Cap Index); Fidelity Small Cap Index Fund (tracks Russell 2000 Index), Vanguard Small Cap Index Fund (tracks CRSP US Small Cap Index); Fidelity International Index Fund (tracks MSCI EAFE Index), Vanguard Developed Markets Index Fund (tracks FTSE Developed ex US All Cap Index); Fidelity® Global ex U.S. Index Fund (tracks MSCI ACWI ex U.S. Index), Vanguard FTSE All-World ex-US Index Fund (tracks FTSE All-World ex-US Index); Fidelity Total International Index Fund (tracks MSCI ACWI ex US IMI Index), Vanguard Total International Index Fund (tracks FTSE Global All Cap ex US index); Fidelity Emerging Markets Index Fund (tracks MSCI Emerging Index), Vanguard Emerging Markets Index Fund (tracks FTSE Emerging Markets All Cap China A Transition Index); Fidelity® Real Estate Index Fund (tracks DJ U.S. Select Real Estate Securities Index), Vanguard REIT Index Fund (tracks MSCI US REIT Index); Fidelity US Bond Index fund (tracks Bloomberg Barclays U.S. Aggregate Bond Index), Vanguard Total Bond Market Index Fund (tracks Bloomberg Barclays U.S. Aggregate Float Adjusted Index); Fidelity Short Term Treasury Bond Index Fund (tracks Bloomberg Barclays 1-5 Year U.S. Treasury Index), Vanguard Short-Term Treasury Index Fund Admiral (tracks Bloomberg Barclays U.S. 1–3 Year Government Float Adjusted Index); Fidelity Intermediate Term Treasury Bond Index Fund (tracks Bloomberg Barclays 5-10 Year U.S. Treasury Index), Vanguard Intermediate-Term Treasury Index Fund Admiral (tracks Bloomberg Barclays U.S. 3–10 Year Government Float Adjusted Index); Fidelity Long Term Treasury Bond Index Fund (tracks Bloomberg Barclays U.S. Treasury Long Index), Vanguard Long-Term Treasury Index Fund Admiral (tracks Bloomberg Barclays U.S. Long Government Float Adjusted Index).; Fidelity Short-Term Bond Index Fund (tracks Bloomberg Barclays U.S. 1 – 5 Year Government/Credit Bond Index), Vanguard Short-Term Bond Index Fund (tracks Bloomberg Barclays U.S. 1 – 5 Year Government/Credit Bond Index); With the exception of the Fidelity 500 Index Fund and Vanguard 500 Index Fund which both track the S&P 500, the Vanguard and Fidelity funds track different indexes, which may have different characteristics an investor should consider. Fidelity and Vanguard funds have similar investment objectives. Fidelity MSCI Sector ETFs are passively managed ETFs indexed to the MSCI USA IMI Sector Indexes. Vanguard Sector ETFs are passively managed ETFs indexed to the MSCI U.S. IMI 25-50 Sector Indexes.
Third-party trademarks and service marks are the property of their respective owners. All other trademarks and service marks are the property of FMR LLC or its affiliated companies.
Indexes are unmanaged. It is not possible to invest directly in an index.
System availability and response times may be subject to market conditions.
Diversification does not ensure a profit or guarantee against loss.
Because of their narrow focus, sector funds tend to be more volatile than funds that diversify across many sectors and companies.
Keep in mind that investing involves risk. The value of your investment will fluctuate over time, and you may gain or lose money.
Before investing in any mutual fund or exchange-traded fund, you should consider its investment objectives, risks, charges, and expenses. Contact Fidelity for a prospectus, an offering circular, or, if available, a summary prospectus containing this information. Read it carefully.
Fidelity Brokerage Services LLC, Member NYSE, SIPC, 900 Salem Street, Smithfield, RI 02917